(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rodrigo Santoro (300) is playing a lover of Jim Carrey’s character in the dark comedy I Love You, Phillip Morris. The story is about a married father (Carrey) who is sent to prison and falls in love with a cellmate named Phillip Morris, played by Ewan McGregor. His love leads him to make several escape attempts. Leslie Mann (Drillbit Taylor) has already been cast as Carrey’s wife. Bad Santa writers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa are directing. Production is already underway. Santoro next appears in David Mamet’s Redbelt and will be at Cannes next month for director Steven Soderbergh’s Che Guevara biopic Che. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser from 2005 lawsuit comes forward
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- EW recommends: iZombie, Eloise, and Fun Home