(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rodrigo Santoro (300) is playing a lover of Jim Carrey’s character in the dark comedy I Love You, Phillip Morris. The story is about a married father (Carrey) who is sent to prison and falls in love with a cellmate named Phillip Morris, played by Ewan McGregor. His love leads him to make several escape attempts. Leslie Mann (Drillbit Taylor) has already been cast as Carrey’s wife. Bad Santa writers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa are directing. Production is already underway. Santoro next appears in David Mamet’s Redbelt and will be at Cannes next month for director Steven Soderbergh’s Che Guevara biopic Che. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!