(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rodrigo Santoro (300) is playing a lover of Jim Carrey’s character in the dark comedy I Love You, Phillip Morris. The story is about a married father (Carrey) who is sent to prison and falls in love with a cellmate named Phillip Morris, played by Ewan McGregor. His love leads him to make several escape attempts. Leslie Mann (Drillbit Taylor) has already been cast as Carrey’s wife. Bad Santa writers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa are directing. Production is already underway. Santoro next appears in David Mamet’s Redbelt and will be at Cannes next month for director Steven Soderbergh’s Che Guevara biopic Che. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters