(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rodrigo Santoro (300) is playing a lover of Jim Carrey’s character in the dark comedy I Love You, Phillip Morris. The story is about a married father (Carrey) who is sent to prison and falls in love with a cellmate named Phillip Morris, played by Ewan McGregor. His love leads him to make several escape attempts. Leslie Mann (Drillbit Taylor) has already been cast as Carrey’s wife. Bad Santa writers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa are directing. Production is already underway. Santoro next appears in David Mamet’s Redbelt and will be at Cannes next month for director Steven Soderbergh’s Che Guevara biopic Che. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Kitsch and Michael Shannon miniseries 'Waco' picked up by Spike
- Katy Perry dances to Taylor Swift verse in Kanye West's 'Famous'
- 'Assassin's Creed' featurette offers new plot teases
- Character actress Rebecca Metz on making it in Hollywood
- 'Bad Santa 2' screening, cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- James McAvoy has 23 personalities in new trailer for 'Split'
- James Franco endorses Hillary Clinton with Dos Equis spoof
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like