(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rodrigo Santoro (300) is playing a lover of Jim Carrey’s character in the dark comedy I Love You, Phillip Morris. The story is about a married father (Carrey) who is sent to prison and falls in love with a cellmate named Phillip Morris, played by Ewan McGregor. His love leads him to make several escape attempts. Leslie Mann (Drillbit Taylor) has already been cast as Carrey’s wife. Bad Santa writers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa are directing. Production is already underway. Santoro next appears in David Mamet’s Redbelt and will be at Cannes next month for director Steven Soderbergh’s Che Guevara biopic Che. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!