As a boy, director Garth Jennings (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) had a life-changing encounter with Sylvester Stallone’s First Blood. ”We watched it, my friend and I, and it blew our minds,” he recalls. ”I ended up making little video versions of Rambo with my friends.” Decades later, Jennings stumbled across his childhood films — and the idea for Son of Rambow was born. The indie film follows two British boys (first-timers Bill Milner and Will Poulter) who team up to shoot an ode to their favorite action hero. The sweetest part? Jennings heard from his: ”I got Sly’s blessing!” he gushes. ”It’s rather fantastic.” (May 2)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans