As a boy, director Garth Jennings (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) had a life-changing encounter with Sylvester Stallone’s First Blood. ”We watched it, my friend and I, and it blew our minds,” he recalls. ”I ended up making little video versions of Rambo with my friends.” Decades later, Jennings stumbled across his childhood films — and the idea for Son of Rambow was born. The indie film follows two British boys (first-timers Bill Milner and Will Poulter) who team up to shoot an ode to their favorite action hero. The sweetest part? Jennings heard from his: ”I got Sly’s blessing!” he gushes. ”It’s rather fantastic.” (May 2)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- One Direction fans' Summer of Struggles: a timeline
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Woo says he won't make same epic mistake twice
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!