As a boy, director Garth Jennings (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) had a life-changing encounter with Sylvester Stallone’s First Blood. ”We watched it, my friend and I, and it blew our minds,” he recalls. ”I ended up making little video versions of Rambo with my friends.” Decades later, Jennings stumbled across his childhood films — and the idea for Son of Rambow was born. The indie film follows two British boys (first-timers Bill Milner and Will Poulter) who team up to shoot an ode to their favorite action hero. The sweetest part? Jennings heard from his: ”I got Sly’s blessing!” he gushes. ”It’s rather fantastic.” (May 2)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'
- Kanye West does not even pretend to enjoy being in 'SNL' promos
- Hannibal Buress joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Baywatch'
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes