As a boy, director Garth Jennings (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) had a life-changing encounter with Sylvester Stallone’s First Blood. ”We watched it, my friend and I, and it blew our minds,” he recalls. ”I ended up making little video versions of Rambo with my friends.” Decades later, Jennings stumbled across his childhood films — and the idea for Son of Rambow was born. The indie film follows two British boys (first-timers Bill Milner and Will Poulter) who team up to shoot an ode to their favorite action hero. The sweetest part? Jennings heard from his: ”I got Sly’s blessing!” he gushes. ”It’s rather fantastic.” (May 2)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'
- Shelley Long joins road trip film 'Different Flowers'
- Relive Hillary Clinton dancing to the 'Macarena' at the 1996 DNC
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties