As a boy, director Garth Jennings (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) had a life-changing encounter with Sylvester Stallone’s First Blood. ”We watched it, my friend and I, and it blew our minds,” he recalls. ”I ended up making little video versions of Rambo with my friends.” Decades later, Jennings stumbled across his childhood films — and the idea for Son of Rambow was born. The indie film follows two British boys (first-timers Bill Milner and Will Poulter) who team up to shoot an ode to their favorite action hero. The sweetest part? Jennings heard from his: ”I got Sly’s blessing!” he gushes. ”It’s rather fantastic.” (May 2)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel