As a boy, director Garth Jennings (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) had a life-changing encounter with Sylvester Stallone’s First Blood. ”We watched it, my friend and I, and it blew our minds,” he recalls. ”I ended up making little video versions of Rambo with my friends.” Decades later, Jennings stumbled across his childhood films — and the idea for Son of Rambow was born. The indie film follows two British boys (first-timers Bill Milner and Will Poulter) who team up to shoot an ode to their favorite action hero. The sweetest part? Jennings heard from his: ”I got Sly’s blessing!” he gushes. ”It’s rather fantastic.” (May 2)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday