As a boy, director Garth Jennings (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) had a life-changing encounter with Sylvester Stallone’s First Blood. ”We watched it, my friend and I, and it blew our minds,” he recalls. ”I ended up making little video versions of Rambo with my friends.” Decades later, Jennings stumbled across his childhood films — and the idea for Son of Rambow was born. The indie film follows two British boys (first-timers Bill Milner and Will Poulter) who team up to shoot an ode to their favorite action hero. The sweetest part? Jennings heard from his: ”I got Sly’s blessing!” he gushes. ”It’s rather fantastic.” (May 2)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as 'Suicide Squad' Joker: David Ayer tweets a photo
- Why Tidal's success (or failure) doesn't matter
- Celebrities express their support for Bruce Jenner