As a boy, director Garth Jennings (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) had a life-changing encounter with Sylvester Stallone’s First Blood. ”We watched it, my friend and I, and it blew our minds,” he recalls. ”I ended up making little video versions of Rambo with my friends.” Decades later, Jennings stumbled across his childhood films — and the idea for Son of Rambow was born. The indie film follows two British boys (first-timers Bill Milner and Will Poulter) who team up to shoot an ode to their favorite action hero. The sweetest part? Jennings heard from his: ”I got Sly’s blessing!” he gushes. ”It’s rather fantastic.” (May 2)
Posted May 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Johnny Depp could face jail time for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- Jake Owen shifts gears on infectious new single, talks 'funkier' new album
- Jon Stewart helps Iraq War veterans find jobs in TV
- Queen Latifah channels LL Cool J for her 'Lip Sync Battle' performance
- Katharine McPhee drops catchy comeback single 'Lick My Lips'
- Kanye's anniversary tweet to Kim was super romantic
- Rumer Willis looks exactly like Demi Moore in new Instagram pic
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!