When does a song become a phenomenon? In the case of this troubadour, when a sunny, strummy demo from his 2005 EP, Extra Credit, sweeps YouTube, inspiring over 300 different tributes from as far away as the Philippines. A polished version of the track will appear on his May 13 CD, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. In the meantime, fans can stream Mraz’s new, live take on the tune from a recent concert in Amsterdam.
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!