When does a song become a phenomenon? In the case of this troubadour, when a sunny, strummy demo from his 2005 EP, Extra Credit, sweeps YouTube, inspiring over 300 different tributes from as far away as the Philippines. A polished version of the track will appear on his May 13 CD, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. In the meantime, fans can stream Mraz’s new, live take on the tune from a recent concert in Amsterdam.
Posted May 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'