Like daughter, like mother. Kathy Griffin’s mom, Maggie, 87, made her stand-up debut at Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre April 26, where the GLAAD Media Awards honored depictions of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people (it airs on Bravo June 27). She took questions from her daughter, who swears they were unrehearsed. Kathy: ”Who is the gayest-looking person in the room?” Maggie: ”Is Ryan Seacrest here?” The comic won best reality show for My Life on the D-List, while ABC’s Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty were named top drama and comedy. Says Kathy, ”The gays love me for the same reason I love them: Nothing offends them!”
Posted May 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the Disney Channel tale about junior villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!