Like daughter, like mother. Kathy Griffin’s mom, Maggie, 87, made her stand-up debut at Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre April 26, where the GLAAD Media Awards honored depictions of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people (it airs on Bravo June 27). She took questions from her daughter, who swears they were unrehearsed. Kathy: ”Who is the gayest-looking person in the room?” Maggie: ”Is Ryan Seacrest here?” The comic won best reality show for My Life on the D-List, while ABC’s Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty were named top drama and comedy. Says Kathy, ”The gays love me for the same reason I love them: Nothing offends them!”
Posted May 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' postmortem: Elizabeth Henstridge talks surprising return
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist