Like daughter, like mother. Kathy Griffin’s mom, Maggie, 87, made her stand-up debut at Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre April 26, where the GLAAD Media Awards honored depictions of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people (it airs on Bravo June 27). She took questions from her daughter, who swears they were unrehearsed. Kathy: ”Who is the gayest-looking person in the room?” Maggie: ”Is Ryan Seacrest here?” The comic won best reality show for My Life on the D-List, while ABC’s Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty were named top drama and comedy. Says Kathy, ”The gays love me for the same reason I love them: Nothing offends them!”
Posted May 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio to play multiple personalities in The Crowded Room