Like daughter, like mother. Kathy Griffin’s mom, Maggie, 87, made her stand-up debut at Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre April 26, where the GLAAD Media Awards honored depictions of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people (it airs on Bravo June 27). She took questions from her daughter, who swears they were unrehearsed. Kathy: ”Who is the gayest-looking person in the room?” Maggie: ”Is Ryan Seacrest here?” The comic won best reality show for My Life on the D-List, while ABC’s Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty were named top drama and comedy. Says Kathy, ”The gays love me for the same reason I love them: Nothing offends them!”
Posted May 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!