Like daughter, like mother. Kathy Griffin’s mom, Maggie, 87, made her stand-up debut at Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre April 26, where the GLAAD Media Awards honored depictions of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people (it airs on Bravo June 27). She took questions from her daughter, who swears they were unrehearsed. Kathy: ”Who is the gayest-looking person in the room?” Maggie: ”Is Ryan Seacrest here?” The comic won best reality show for My Life on the D-List, while ABC’s Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty were named top drama and comedy. Says Kathy, ”The gays love me for the same reason I love them: Nothing offends them!”
Posted May 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Misty Copeland becomes American Ballet Theatre's first black female principle dancer
- See the 'Magic Mike XXL' trailer... as performed by hot dogs
- Amy Schumer says she would appear on 'The Bachelorette'
- Universal destroyed all of Amy Winehouse's unreleased demos
- Megan Hilty reveals if she'd join the full stage production of 'Bombshell'
- 'X-Files' creator Chris Carter picks 10 episodes to watch before the revival
- Journey drummer Deen Castronovo indicted with rape charge