Like daughter, like mother. Kathy Griffin’s mom, Maggie, 87, made her stand-up debut at Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre April 26, where the GLAAD Media Awards honored depictions of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people (it airs on Bravo June 27). She took questions from her daughter, who swears they were unrehearsed. Kathy: ”Who is the gayest-looking person in the room?” Maggie: ”Is Ryan Seacrest here?” The comic won best reality show for My Life on the D-List, while ABC’s Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty were named top drama and comedy. Says Kathy, ”The gays love me for the same reason I love them: Nothing offends them!”
Posted May 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Lady Gaga rock through 'A-YO,' 'Million Reasons' on 'SNL'
- 'Man With a Plan': Matt LeBlanc on his 'bananas' new show
- 'SNL' sketch turns an innocent Halloween into a wild and crazy night
- 'SNL': Tom Hanks plays 'Black Jeopardy' as a Donald Trump supporter
- Leslie Jones talks website hack on 'SNL' Weekend Update
- Moby reflects on the iPod 15 years later: 'It felt like magic'
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'