(FROM VARIETY) ? Maggie Gyllenhaal has replaced Toni Collette in director Sam Mendes’ as-yet untitled relationship comedy. The movie, scripted by author Dave Eggers and his wife, novelist Vendela Vida, stars SNL’s Maya Rudolph and The Office’s John Krasinski as an expecting couple traveling the U.S. in search of a place to lay down roots and raise a family. Gyllenhaal replaces Collette, who dropped out because of scheduling delays on the shoot, in the role of a bohemian college professor and close family friend of the couple. Cheryl Hines, Catherine O’Hara, and Jeff Daniels have also been cast. Production is already underway, and Gyllenhaal is scheduled to start shooting her scenes next week. Gyllenhaal next appears in The Dark Knight as Rachel Dawes, Batman’s love interest. (Variety)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kathie Lee Gifford's daughter is a scream in her horror debut
- YouTube star Michelle Phan to release a digital comic
- How rock and roll has lost its political edge
- 'Castle' taps 'The Neighbors' alum as new series regular
- Dark Horse Entertainment and Universal Cable Production ink first-look deal
- Justin Bieber's 'One Time': Six years of highs and lows later..
- Hannibal Buress bombs his 'Daily Show' audition
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!