(FROM VARIETY) ? Maggie Gyllenhaal has replaced Toni Collette in director Sam Mendes’ as-yet untitled relationship comedy. The movie, scripted by author Dave Eggers and his wife, novelist Vendela Vida, stars SNL’s Maya Rudolph and The Office’s John Krasinski as an expecting couple traveling the U.S. in search of a place to lay down roots and raise a family. Gyllenhaal replaces Collette, who dropped out because of scheduling delays on the shoot, in the role of a bohemian college professor and close family friend of the couple. Cheryl Hines, Catherine O’Hara, and Jeff Daniels have also been cast. Production is already underway, and Gyllenhaal is scheduled to start shooting her scenes next week. Gyllenhaal next appears in The Dark Knight as Rachel Dawes, Batman’s love interest. (Variety)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Valiant announces event series 'Summer of 4001 A.D.'
- Robert Downey Jr. cheers on 9-year-old Iron Boy as he saves Sydney
- 'Fuller House' triple talk: Candace, Jodie, and Andrea sit down with EW
- See the cover and an excerpt from Kristen Simmons' 'Metaltown' -- exclusive
- Lauren Cohan of 'The Walking Dead' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See a creepy new clip from 'The Witch'
- 'Bajillion Dollar Propertie$' trailer: Adam Scott, Nick Kroll, and Paul F. Tompkins get realty
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs