(FROM VARIETY) ? Maggie Gyllenhaal has replaced Toni Collette in director Sam Mendes’ as-yet untitled relationship comedy. The movie, scripted by author Dave Eggers and his wife, novelist Vendela Vida, stars SNL’s Maya Rudolph and The Office’s John Krasinski as an expecting couple traveling the U.S. in search of a place to lay down roots and raise a family. Gyllenhaal replaces Collette, who dropped out because of scheduling delays on the shoot, in the role of a bohemian college professor and close family friend of the couple. Cheryl Hines, Catherine O’Hara, and Jeff Daniels have also been cast. Production is already underway, and Gyllenhaal is scheduled to start shooting her scenes next week. Gyllenhaal next appears in The Dark Knight as Rachel Dawes, Batman’s love interest. (Variety)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters