(FROM VARIETY) ? Maggie Gyllenhaal has replaced Toni Collette in director Sam Mendes’ as-yet untitled relationship comedy. The movie, scripted by author Dave Eggers and his wife, novelist Vendela Vida, stars SNL’s Maya Rudolph and The Office’s John Krasinski as an expecting couple traveling the U.S. in search of a place to lay down roots and raise a family. Gyllenhaal replaces Collette, who dropped out because of scheduling delays on the shoot, in the role of a bohemian college professor and close family friend of the couple. Cheryl Hines, Catherine O’Hara, and Jeff Daniels have also been cast. Production is already underway, and Gyllenhaal is scheduled to start shooting her scenes next week. Gyllenhaal next appears in The Dark Knight as Rachel Dawes, Batman’s love interest. (Variety)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Golan the Insatiable' with Aubrey Plaza and Rob Riggle: First Look trailer
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- 'Outlander,' 'SVU,' 'Graceland,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Supergirl' leaked to piracy sites
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!