(FROM VARIETY) ? Maggie Gyllenhaal has replaced Toni Collette in director Sam Mendes’ as-yet untitled relationship comedy. The movie, scripted by author Dave Eggers and his wife, novelist Vendela Vida, stars SNL’s Maya Rudolph and The Office’s John Krasinski as an expecting couple traveling the U.S. in search of a place to lay down roots and raise a family. Gyllenhaal replaces Collette, who dropped out because of scheduling delays on the shoot, in the role of a bohemian college professor and close family friend of the couple. Cheryl Hines, Catherine O’Hara, and Jeff Daniels have also been cast. Production is already underway, and Gyllenhaal is scheduled to start shooting her scenes next week. Gyllenhaal next appears in The Dark Knight as Rachel Dawes, Batman’s love interest. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!