(FROM VARIETY) ? Maggie Gyllenhaal has replaced Toni Collette in director Sam Mendes’ as-yet untitled relationship comedy. The movie, scripted by author Dave Eggers and his wife, novelist Vendela Vida, stars SNL’s Maya Rudolph and The Office’s John Krasinski as an expecting couple traveling the U.S. in search of a place to lay down roots and raise a family. Gyllenhaal replaces Collette, who dropped out because of scheduling delays on the shoot, in the role of a bohemian college professor and close family friend of the couple. Cheryl Hines, Catherine O’Hara, and Jeff Daniels have also been cast. Production is already underway, and Gyllenhaal is scheduled to start shooting her scenes next week. Gyllenhaal next appears in The Dark Knight as Rachel Dawes, Batman’s love interest. (Variety)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bethany Cosentino slams music industry sexism on 'The Daily Show'
- Train announces Led Zeppelin cover album
- Game of Thrones: How death changes Jon Snow
- Red Hot Chili Peppers announce album 'The Getaway,' share new single
- Behind Florence + the Machine's stunning visual album, 'The Odyssey'
- 'Today' anchor Natalie Morales moving west for expanded role
- People/Entertainment Weekly Network announced by Time Inc. at Newfronts