(FROM VARIETY) ? Maggie Gyllenhaal has replaced Toni Collette in director Sam Mendes’ as-yet untitled relationship comedy. The movie, scripted by author Dave Eggers and his wife, novelist Vendela Vida, stars SNL’s Maya Rudolph and The Office’s John Krasinski as an expecting couple traveling the U.S. in search of a place to lay down roots and raise a family. Gyllenhaal replaces Collette, who dropped out because of scheduling delays on the shoot, in the role of a bohemian college professor and close family friend of the couple. Cheryl Hines, Catherine O’Hara, and Jeff Daniels have also been cast. Production is already underway, and Gyllenhaal is scheduled to start shooting her scenes next week. Gyllenhaal next appears in The Dark Knight as Rachel Dawes, Batman’s love interest. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Louis C.K. to write, direct, and star in 'I'm a Cop'
- Martin Freeman joins 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Josh Charles joins Masters of Sex in major role
- Exclusive 'Finding Carter' trailer: Carter hooks up with ... Max?
- 'Mr. Sloane' creator talks about his Nick Frost sitcom and the future of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
- U2 puts on surprise performance on New York subway platform
- Sex workers featured on A&E's '8 Minutes' say network failed to offer help, privacy
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!