(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Renee Zellweger will re-team with Chicago producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to executive produce the Lifetime original movie Living Proof. The telepic stars Harry Connick Jr. (Zellweger’s co-star in the upcoming feature Chilled in Miami) in the true story of the true story of Denny Slamon, a UCLA doctor who developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin 2, and his fight to keep drug trials afloat and save lives. The story is based on a book by NBC medical correspondent Robert Bazell. Zadan and Meron said they took the project to Zellweger, who will not appear in the movie, because of her interest in raising breast cancer awareness. Proof will shoot in Connick’s hometown of New Orleans, and is set to air in October as the ”programming centerpiece” of Lifetime’s 14th annual public awareness campaign ”Stop Breast Cancer for Life.” Zellweger will next appear with Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris in the Harris-directed Western Appaloosa. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!