(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Renee Zellweger will re-team with Chicago producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to executive produce the Lifetime original movie Living Proof. The telepic stars Harry Connick Jr. (Zellweger’s co-star in the upcoming feature Chilled in Miami) in the true story of the true story of Denny Slamon, a UCLA doctor who developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin 2, and his fight to keep drug trials afloat and save lives. The story is based on a book by NBC medical correspondent Robert Bazell. Zadan and Meron said they took the project to Zellweger, who will not appear in the movie, because of her interest in raising breast cancer awareness. Proof will shoot in Connick’s hometown of New Orleans, and is set to air in October as the ”programming centerpiece” of Lifetime’s 14th annual public awareness campaign ”Stop Breast Cancer for Life.” Zellweger will next appear with Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris in the Harris-directed Western Appaloosa. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'