(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Renee Zellweger will re-team with Chicago producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to executive produce the Lifetime original movie Living Proof. The telepic stars Harry Connick Jr. (Zellweger’s co-star in the upcoming feature Chilled in Miami) in the true story of the true story of Denny Slamon, a UCLA doctor who developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin 2, and his fight to keep drug trials afloat and save lives. The story is based on a book by NBC medical correspondent Robert Bazell. Zadan and Meron said they took the project to Zellweger, who will not appear in the movie, because of her interest in raising breast cancer awareness. Proof will shoot in Connick’s hometown of New Orleans, and is set to air in October as the ”programming centerpiece” of Lifetime’s 14th annual public awareness campaign ”Stop Breast Cancer for Life.” Zellweger will next appear with Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris in the Harris-directed Western Appaloosa. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters