(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Renee Zellweger will re-team with Chicago producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to executive produce the Lifetime original movie Living Proof. The telepic stars Harry Connick Jr. (Zellweger’s co-star in the upcoming feature Chilled in Miami) in the true story of the true story of Denny Slamon, a UCLA doctor who developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin 2, and his fight to keep drug trials afloat and save lives. The story is based on a book by NBC medical correspondent Robert Bazell. Zadan and Meron said they took the project to Zellweger, who will not appear in the movie, because of her interest in raising breast cancer awareness. Proof will shoot in Connick’s hometown of New Orleans, and is set to air in October as the ”programming centerpiece” of Lifetime’s 14th annual public awareness campaign ”Stop Breast Cancer for Life.” Zellweger will next appear with Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris in the Harris-directed Western Appaloosa. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trevor Noah says his The Daily Show will focus less on Fox News
- Trevor Noah to keep Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show' producers
- 'Supergirl' taps 'Sons of Anarchy' alum as DC Comics villain Reactron
- Carly Rae Jepsen rewrites 'I Really Like You' for 'Comedy Bang! Bang!'
- Ice Cube says Dr. Dre is dropping a new album on Aug. 1
- New 'Faking It' trailer features a steamy Karmy kiss
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!