(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Renee Zellweger will re-team with Chicago producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to executive produce the Lifetime original movie Living Proof. The telepic stars Harry Connick Jr. (Zellweger’s co-star in the upcoming feature Chilled in Miami) in the true story of the true story of Denny Slamon, a UCLA doctor who developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin 2, and his fight to keep drug trials afloat and save lives. The story is based on a book by NBC medical correspondent Robert Bazell. Zadan and Meron said they took the project to Zellweger, who will not appear in the movie, because of her interest in raising breast cancer awareness. Proof will shoot in Connick’s hometown of New Orleans, and is set to air in October as the ”programming centerpiece” of Lifetime’s 14th annual public awareness campaign ”Stop Breast Cancer for Life.” Zellweger will next appear with Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris in the Harris-directed Western Appaloosa. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!