So I finally finished reading Special Topics in Calamity Physics — not bad, but really needed a good editor to dial back the irritating excesses, no? — and after an Idol-heavy week where my nighttime reading consisted mainly of backlogged issues of EW, Everyday Food, and the Blood-Horse (What can I say? I’m a pedigree buff!), I’m now about a third of the way through Thomas Mallon’s Fellow Travelers. So far, this wistful historical novel about clandestine gay lovers in the McCarthy era is doing the trick of keeping me up well past my bedtime, and I suspect I’ll be finished by this time next week.With that in mind, it’s time for all y’all to reveal what’s on your nightstand right this second. I’m thinking it might be fun to pick our next reads from the comments section below. Fun!
Posted May 5 2008 — 6:47 PM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony