Taking Cecelia Ahern’s letters-from-the-grave chick-lit dramedy P.S. I Love You out of Ireland and transplanting it to New York City for the film sounds like a good idea. (It’s not.) It also seems smart to give Boys Don’t Cry and Million Dollar Baby star Hilary Swank a chance to show some comic chops. (She doesn’t really have them.) EXTRAS include a few mercifully deleted scenes, a chat with Ahern, who says she wrote the book on a lark at age 21, and a video for ”Same Mistake,” a surprisingly good James Blunt ballad. P.S. You’ll love the soundtrack. If only that were included. C-
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank, Lisa Kudrow; Director: Richard LaGravenese; Author: Richard LaGravenese, Steven Rogers; Release Date Wide: 12/21/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted May 9 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which show should win Best Comedy Series?
- When are the 2017 Golden Globe nominations?
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'TVD,' 'Supernatural,' 'OUAT' and more
- 'Power Rangers' poster calls out the new megazords
- The 'Yule Log' is back on VOD to heat up the holidays
- 'Rogue One': Where to watch the world premiere live stream
- J.J. Abrams, HBO developing space exploration drama