(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? ABC has picked up the David E. Kelley dramedy <a href=”http://www.ew.com/ew/allabout/0„20047420,00.html”” target=”_blank” class=”embedded-link”>Boston Legal for a fifth season, set to debut in the fall, but talks continue over the fate of a new Kelley-produced show, Life on Mars. As previously reported by EW.com, Kelley has expressed a desire to leave Mars, a sci-fi drama pilot, starring Jason O’Mara, based on the BBC show of the same name, about a 21st century detective transported back to the 1970s. But because Kelley owns rights to the property, ABC could not place a series order without his approval. The pick-up of Boston Legal, however, is expected to clear the way for that to happen. Boston Legal, which has earned Emmy wins for stars James Spader and William Shatner, has averaged 9.8 million viewers this season, but it hit a low of 7.4 million when the show switched time slots on April 30. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!