(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? ABC has picked up the David E. Kelley dramedy <a href=”http://www.ew.com/ew/allabout/0„20047420,00.html”” target=”_blank” class=”embedded-link”>Boston Legal for a fifth season, set to debut in the fall, but talks continue over the fate of a new Kelley-produced show, Life on Mars. As previously reported by EW.com, Kelley has expressed a desire to leave Mars, a sci-fi drama pilot, starring Jason O’Mara, based on the BBC show of the same name, about a 21st century detective transported back to the 1970s. But because Kelley owns rights to the property, ABC could not place a series order without his approval. The pick-up of Boston Legal, however, is expected to clear the way for that to happen. Boston Legal, which has earned Emmy wins for stars James Spader and William Shatner, has averaged 9.8 million viewers this season, but it hit a low of 7.4 million when the show switched time slots on April 30. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jem and the Holograms' first photo from fall movie
- 'Into the Woods' 'lost' Meryl Streep song: Watch the deleted scene here
- Alesso drops 'Cool' music video
- Scream Factory to release 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray
- Margot Robbie learns flip cup, beats Jimmy Fallon anyway
- Neill Blomkamp says he 'didn't make a good enough film' with 'Elysium'
- Exclusive: First look at Carly Rae Jepsen's new video, "I Really Like You"
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!