(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? ABC has picked up the David E. Kelley dramedy <a href=”http://www.ew.com/ew/allabout/0„20047420,00.html”” target=”_blank” class=”embedded-link”>Boston Legal for a fifth season, set to debut in the fall, but talks continue over the fate of a new Kelley-produced show, Life on Mars. As previously reported by EW.com, Kelley has expressed a desire to leave Mars, a sci-fi drama pilot, starring Jason O’Mara, based on the BBC show of the same name, about a 21st century detective transported back to the 1970s. But because Kelley owns rights to the property, ABC could not place a series order without his approval. The pick-up of Boston Legal, however, is expected to clear the way for that to happen. Boston Legal, which has earned Emmy wins for stars James Spader and William Shatner, has averaged 9.8 million viewers this season, but it hit a low of 7.4 million when the show switched time slots on April 30. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- YouTube star Michelle Phan to release a digital comic
- How rock and roll has lost its political edge
- 'Castle' taps 'The Neighbors' alum as new series regular
- Dark Horse Entertainment and Universal Cable Production ink first-look deal
- Justin Bieber's highs and lows since his first single dropped six years ago
- Hannibal Buress bombs his 'Daily Show' audition
- Kelly Rowland is playing whose mother on 'Empire'?
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!