(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? ABC has picked up the David E. Kelley dramedy <a href=”http://www.ew.com/ew/allabout/0„20047420,00.html”” target=”_blank” class=”embedded-link”>Boston Legal for a fifth season, set to debut in the fall, but talks continue over the fate of a new Kelley-produced show, Life on Mars. As previously reported by EW.com, Kelley has expressed a desire to leave Mars, a sci-fi drama pilot, starring Jason O’Mara, based on the BBC show of the same name, about a 21st century detective transported back to the 1970s. But because Kelley owns rights to the property, ABC could not place a series order without his approval. The pick-up of Boston Legal, however, is expected to clear the way for that to happen. Boston Legal, which has earned Emmy wins for stars James Spader and William Shatner, has averaged 9.8 million viewers this season, but it hit a low of 7.4 million when the show switched time slots on April 30. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Next 'Transformers' expected in 2017
- 'Furious 7's James Wan to produce 'The Entity' remake
- Helen Mirren talks about her love of Vin Diesel on 'Late Night'
- Waka Flocka Flame to run for president
- Batman costume from 'Batman v Superman': Take a good look
- 'Furious 7' breaks box office records in China
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!