(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? ABC has picked up the David E. Kelley dramedy <a href=”http://www.ew.com/ew/allabout/0„20047420,00.html”” target=”_blank” class=”embedded-link”>Boston Legal for a fifth season, set to debut in the fall, but talks continue over the fate of a new Kelley-produced show, Life on Mars. As previously reported by EW.com, Kelley has expressed a desire to leave Mars, a sci-fi drama pilot, starring Jason O’Mara, based on the BBC show of the same name, about a 21st century detective transported back to the 1970s. But because Kelley owns rights to the property, ABC could not place a series order without his approval. The pick-up of Boston Legal, however, is expected to clear the way for that to happen. Boston Legal, which has earned Emmy wins for stars James Spader and William Shatner, has averaged 9.8 million viewers this season, but it hit a low of 7.4 million when the show switched time slots on April 30. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!