(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? ABC has picked up the David E. Kelley dramedy <a href=”http://www.ew.com/ew/allabout/0„20047420,00.html”” target=”_blank” class=”embedded-link”>Boston Legal for a fifth season, set to debut in the fall, but talks continue over the fate of a new Kelley-produced show, Life on Mars. As previously reported by EW.com, Kelley has expressed a desire to leave Mars, a sci-fi drama pilot, starring Jason O’Mara, based on the BBC show of the same name, about a 21st century detective transported back to the 1970s. But because Kelley owns rights to the property, ABC could not place a series order without his approval. The pick-up of Boston Legal, however, is expected to clear the way for that to happen. Boston Legal, which has earned Emmy wins for stars James Spader and William Shatner, has averaged 9.8 million viewers this season, but it hit a low of 7.4 million when the show switched time slots on April 30. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bernie Sanders responds to Donald Trump debate challenge
- National Spelling Bee crowns two winners for the third year in a row
- Inside Britney Spears' comeback: What's next?
- Here's a Vine of all the kids dabbing during the Spelling Bee
- Penelope Cruz and Jimmy Fallon re-team for Dubsmash
- Margot Robbie spoofs 'The Big Short' for Red Nose Day
- 'Orange Is the New Black' cast teases season 4 developments
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers
- 'Thelma and Louise': Where Are They Now?
- 13 Summer Camps From TV and Movies We Want to Attend