(FROM AP) - The father of 17-year-old American Idol contestant David Archuleta has been told by producers that he can no longer join his son as he prepares for his performances. Jeff Archuleta has been a source of concern to the show because of his strong backstage presence, but the tipping point reportedly came after last Tuesday’s (May 6) show when Archuleta insisted his son change the lyrics to ”Stand by Me” by adding a verse from Sean Kingston’s ”Beautiful Girls,” a recent hit that samples the classic tune. Both Fox and the Archuletas have so far declined comment. David Archuleta is one of the final three contestants in this season of Idol. He is vying with David Cook and Syesha Mercado for the crown and accompanying record contract. (AP via CNN)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Misty Copeland becomes American Ballet Theatre's first black female principle dancer
- See the 'Magic Mike XXL' trailer... as performed by hot dogs
- Amy Schumer says she would appear on 'The Bachelorette'
- Universal destroyed all of Amy Winehouse's unreleased demos
- Megan Hilty reveals if she'd join the full stage production of 'Bombshell'
- 'X-Files' creator Chris Carter picks 10 episodes to watch before the revival
- Journey drummer Deen Castronovo indicted with rape charge