(FROM AP) - The father of 17-year-old American Idol contestant David Archuleta has been told by producers that he can no longer join his son as he prepares for his performances. Jeff Archuleta has been a source of concern to the show because of his strong backstage presence, but the tipping point reportedly came after last Tuesday’s (May 6) show when Archuleta insisted his son change the lyrics to ”Stand by Me” by adding a verse from Sean Kingston’s ”Beautiful Girls,” a recent hit that samples the classic tune. Both Fox and the Archuletas have so far declined comment. David Archuleta is one of the final three contestants in this season of Idol. He is vying with David Cook and Syesha Mercado for the crown and accompanying record contract. (AP via CNN)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- Bob Saget teases 'Fuller House' Thanksgiving episode with new photo
- Donald Trump says he has ‘no interest’ in Trump TV
- Australian 'Bachelor' contestants fall in love with each other
- Amy Schumer responds to backlash from 'Formation' parody video
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop