(FROM AP) - The father of 17-year-old American Idol contestant David Archuleta has been told by producers that he can no longer join his son as he prepares for his performances. Jeff Archuleta has been a source of concern to the show because of his strong backstage presence, but the tipping point reportedly came after last Tuesday’s (May 6) show when Archuleta insisted his son change the lyrics to ”Stand by Me” by adding a verse from Sean Kingston’s ”Beautiful Girls,” a recent hit that samples the classic tune. Both Fox and the Archuletas have so far declined comment. David Archuleta is one of the final three contestants in this season of Idol. He is vying with David Cook and Syesha Mercado for the crown and accompanying record contract. (AP via CNN)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!