(FROM AP) - The father of 17-year-old American Idol contestant David Archuleta has been told by producers that he can no longer join his son as he prepares for his performances. Jeff Archuleta has been a source of concern to the show because of his strong backstage presence, but the tipping point reportedly came after last Tuesday’s (May 6) show when Archuleta insisted his son change the lyrics to ”Stand by Me” by adding a verse from Sean Kingston’s ”Beautiful Girls,” a recent hit that samples the classic tune. Both Fox and the Archuletas have so far declined comment. David Archuleta is one of the final three contestants in this season of Idol. He is vying with David Cook and Syesha Mercado for the crown and accompanying record contract. (AP via CNN)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!