(FROM AP) - The father of 17-year-old American Idol contestant David Archuleta has been told by producers that he can no longer join his son as he prepares for his performances. Jeff Archuleta has been a source of concern to the show because of his strong backstage presence, but the tipping point reportedly came after last Tuesday’s (May 6) show when Archuleta insisted his son change the lyrics to ”Stand by Me” by adding a verse from Sean Kingston’s ”Beautiful Girls,” a recent hit that samples the classic tune. Both Fox and the Archuletas have so far declined comment. David Archuleta is one of the final three contestants in this season of Idol. He is vying with David Cook and Syesha Mercado for the crown and accompanying record contract. (AP via CNN)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel