(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Eric Stoltz (The Butterfly Effect) is the latest addition to the cast of Sci Fi Channel’s two-hour Caprica pilot, a prequel to Battlestar Galactica. Stoltz will play Daniel Graystone, a wealthy computer engineer who, after suffering a family tragedy, uses his technological prowess to change the future of Caprica. Alessandra Toressani (The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Arrested Development) has also joined the cast as Daniel’s daughter, Zoe. They join the already-cast Paula Malcomson and Esai Morales, who plays Joseph Adama, father to commander William Adama (Edward James Olmos). Details of the possible new series are slowly emerging now that Battlestar Galactica has begun airing its fourth and final season. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!