(FROM VARIETY) ? Natalie Portman has exited the movie adaptation of Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights, citing a scheduling conflict with an as-yet unannounced project. Portman, who was cast as Catherine Earnshaw, was one of the driving forces behind the U.K.-based Ecosse Films project, which director John Maybury (The Edge of Love) is scheduled to start shooting in the fall. British actor Michael Fassbender (Hunger) is in talks to play the lead male role of Heathcliff. Portman is set to make her directorial debut with an adaptation of Israeli writer Amos Oz?s memoir A Tale of Love and Darkness some time in the near future. (Variety)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt