(FROM VARIETY) ? Natalie Portman has exited the movie adaptation of Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights, citing a scheduling conflict with an as-yet unannounced project. Portman, who was cast as Catherine Earnshaw, was one of the driving forces behind the U.K.-based Ecosse Films project, which director John Maybury (The Edge of Love) is scheduled to start shooting in the fall. British actor Michael Fassbender (Hunger) is in talks to play the lead male role of Heathcliff. Portman is set to make her directorial debut with an adaptation of Israeli writer Amos Oz?s memoir A Tale of Love and Darkness some time in the near future. (Variety)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor