(FROM VARIETY) ? Natalie Portman has exited the movie adaptation of Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights, citing a scheduling conflict with an as-yet unannounced project. Portman, who was cast as Catherine Earnshaw, was one of the driving forces behind the U.K.-based Ecosse Films project, which director John Maybury (The Edge of Love) is scheduled to start shooting in the fall. British actor Michael Fassbender (Hunger) is in talks to play the lead male role of Heathcliff. Portman is set to make her directorial debut with an adaptation of Israeli writer Amos Oz?s memoir A Tale of Love and Darkness some time in the near future. (Variety)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!