(FROM VARIETY) ? Natalie Portman has exited the movie adaptation of Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights, citing a scheduling conflict with an as-yet unannounced project. Portman, who was cast as Catherine Earnshaw, was one of the driving forces behind the U.K.-based Ecosse Films project, which director John Maybury (The Edge of Love) is scheduled to start shooting in the fall. British actor Michael Fassbender (Hunger) is in talks to play the lead male role of Heathcliff. Portman is set to make her directorial debut with an adaptation of Israeli writer Amos Oz?s memoir A Tale of Love and Darkness some time in the near future. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!