(FROM VARIETY) ? Natalie Portman has exited the movie adaptation of Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights, citing a scheduling conflict with an as-yet unannounced project. Portman, who was cast as Catherine Earnshaw, was one of the driving forces behind the U.K.-based Ecosse Films project, which director John Maybury (The Edge of Love) is scheduled to start shooting in the fall. British actor Michael Fassbender (Hunger) is in talks to play the lead male role of Heathcliff. Portman is set to make her directorial debut with an adaptation of Israeli writer Amos Oz?s memoir A Tale of Love and Darkness some time in the near future. (Variety)
Posted May 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Laura Jane Grace explains Against Me!'s North Carolina protest
- Brad Paisley sings about North Carolina's discriminatory bathroom law
- 'Chicago Fire': Miranda Rae Mayo promoted to series regular
- Academy unearths old 'Return of the Jedi' teaser
- 'Game of Thrones' new photos, promo for episode 6
- Milla Jovovich is a video game character in 'Contract Killer: Sniper'
- Lizzo dishes on new music and feeling 'Good As Hell'