(FROM VARIETY) ? Sesame Workshop is developing a new, updated version of the 1970s kid’s show The Electric Company for PBS. Shooting on the new program, which will run weekly, probably starting next January, started this week in Manhattan. The original show, which featured Morgan Freeman and Rita Moreno, ran original episodes from 1971-77, and aired reruns through 1985. The new series will consist of 26 half-hour episodes and plans to segue into books, games, and digital media. (Variety)
Posted May 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes' highest-paid actors list
- 12 must-read novels out this fall
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Marie Lu's 'The Midnight Star'
- WATCH: Jennifer Esposito and Wilmer Valderrama debut on 'NCIS'
- MTV VMAs producer: Rihanna to deliver 'holy crap VMA moment'
- Alan Tudyk, Nathan Fillion unveil 'Con Man: The Game' in exclusive trailer
- 'Trick 'r Treat' character Sam to become Halloween digital decoration