(FROM VARIETY) ? Sesame Workshop is developing a new, updated version of the 1970s kid’s show The Electric Company for PBS. Shooting on the new program, which will run weekly, probably starting next January, started this week in Manhattan. The original show, which featured Morgan Freeman and Rita Moreno, ran original episodes from 1971-77, and aired reruns through 1985. The new series will consist of 26 half-hour episodes and plans to segue into books, games, and digital media. (Variety)
Posted May 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!