(FROM VARIETY) ? Sesame Workshop is developing a new, updated version of the 1970s kid’s show The Electric Company for PBS. Shooting on the new program, which will run weekly, probably starting next January, started this week in Manhattan. The original show, which featured Morgan Freeman and Rita Moreno, ran original episodes from 1971-77, and aired reruns through 1985. The new series will consist of 26 half-hour episodes and plans to segue into books, games, and digital media. (Variety)
Posted May 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!