(FROM VARIETY) ? Sesame Workshop is developing a new, updated version of the 1970s kid’s show The Electric Company for PBS. Shooting on the new program, which will run weekly, probably starting next January, started this week in Manhattan. The original show, which featured Morgan Freeman and Rita Moreno, ran original episodes from 1971-77, and aired reruns through 1985. The new series will consist of 26 half-hour episodes and plans to segue into books, games, and digital media. (Variety)
Posted May 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- I found out 'Silk Stalkings' was on Hulu and now I can't stop watching
- Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford's 'Truth' gets October release date
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- Alicia Keys returns with '28 Thousand Days'
- Jon Stewart reveals his final three 'Daily Show' guests
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!