(FROM VARIETY) ? Sesame Workshop is developing a new, updated version of the 1970s kid’s show The Electric Company for PBS. Shooting on the new program, which will run weekly, probably starting next January, started this week in Manhattan. The original show, which featured Morgan Freeman and Rita Moreno, ran original episodes from 1971-77, and aired reruns through 1985. The new series will consist of 26 half-hour episodes and plans to segue into books, games, and digital media. (Variety)
Posted May 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Character actress Rebecca Metz on making it in Hollywood
- 'Bad Santa 2' screening, cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- James McAvoy has 23 personalities in new trailer for 'Split'
- James Franco endorses Hillary Clinton with Dos Equis spoof
- 'Blindspot' sneak peek: Why has Rich Dotcom returned?
- Hillary Clinton 'thrilled' by Jay Z's upcoming concert in her honor
- 'This Is Us' ratings strong against World Series competition
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like