(FROM VARIETY) ? Sesame Workshop is developing a new, updated version of the 1970s kid’s show The Electric Company for PBS. Shooting on the new program, which will run weekly, probably starting next January, started this week in Manhattan. The original show, which featured Morgan Freeman and Rita Moreno, ran original episodes from 1971-77, and aired reruns through 1985. The new series will consist of 26 half-hour episodes and plans to segue into books, games, and digital media. (Variety)
Posted May 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- Tilda Swinton is the woman of the century in 'A Bigger Splash' trailer
- See 'Warcraft,' 'Independence Day' toys ahead of Toy Fair 2016
- Kylie Jenner has been filming her own soap opera on Snapchat
- 'Agent Carter' in jeopardy? Hayley Atwell cast in new ABC pilot
- Can you match the movie quote to the romantic love story?
- Hayley Atwell cast in 'Conviction' pilot at ABC
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday