(FROM VARIETY) ? The Weinstein Co. is developing a live-action feature musical based on the 1980s kids program Fraggle Rock. Cory Edwards (Hoodwinked!) will direct and write the screenplay, and the Jim Henson Co. will produce. Ahmet Zappa is executive producing. Like the TV show, the movie will feature a mix of human characters and Fraggle Rock puppets. The puppet characters Gogo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober, and Red will be among those who will venture outside their cave home for the film and interact with humans, which they think are aliens. The show debuted on HBO in 1983 and ran five seasons. It recently tallied strong sales when the first three seasons were released on DVD. (Variety)
Posted May 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Julia Roberts to play Jacob Tremblay's mom in 'Wonder' adaptation
- Arsenio Hall sues Sinead O’Connor for $5 million over Prince drug claims
- Melissa Benoist joins Boston bombing movie 'Patriots Day'
- The Goo Goo Dolls talk not wanting to "make the same record again'
- Anne Hathaway turning drone-war play 'Grounded' into movie
- James Franco, Russell Crowe 'Blood Meridian' adaptation scrapped
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses drop season 5 finale teasers