(FROM VARIETY) ? The Weinstein Co. is developing a live-action feature musical based on the 1980s kids program Fraggle Rock. Cory Edwards (Hoodwinked!) will direct and write the screenplay, and the Jim Henson Co. will produce. Ahmet Zappa is executive producing. Like the TV show, the movie will feature a mix of human characters and Fraggle Rock puppets. The puppet characters Gogo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober, and Red will be among those who will venture outside their cave home for the film and interact with humans, which they think are aliens. The show debuted on HBO in 1983 and ran five seasons. It recently tallied strong sales when the first three seasons were released on DVD. (Variety)
Posted May 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!