(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Donnie Wahlberg is starring in a new TNT crime drama tentatively titled Morse Code. The New Kid on the Block-turned-actor will also produce the project along with Jon Avnet, who will direct, and Law & Order scribe Walon Green, who will write. The story is about a young war hero who returns to his hometown of Boston where he works as a Drug Enforcement Administration officer. Boston native Wahlberg previously worked with Avnet on Boomtown and the upcoming feature Righteous Kill. TNT is expected to announce the project on Wednesday (May 14) at its upfront presentation. Wahlberg is set to hit the road with his New Kids buddies for a reunion tour that launches this weekend. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- J.J. Abrams is excited for mothers and daughters to see new 'Star Wars'
- Peter Jackson teases 'Doctor Who' directing gig
- 'Supergirl' scores full season at CBS
- Shopping for a 1920s Parisian bedroom like the one in 'The Danish Girl'? Check eBay.
- 'Supergirl': Mehcad Brooks talks stepping out of a superhero's shadow
- Twisted Sister's Dee Snider gives Donald Trump permission to use 'We're Not Gonna Take It'
- Jeremy Clarkson introduces us to a world filled with Amazon drones