(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Donnie Wahlberg is starring in a new TNT crime drama tentatively titled Morse Code. The New Kid on the Block-turned-actor will also produce the project along with Jon Avnet, who will direct, and Law & Order scribe Walon Green, who will write. The story is about a young war hero who returns to his hometown of Boston where he works as a Drug Enforcement Administration officer. Boston native Wahlberg previously worked with Avnet on Boomtown and the upcoming feature Righteous Kill. TNT is expected to announce the project on Wednesday (May 14) at its upfront presentation. Wahlberg is set to hit the road with his New Kids buddies for a reunion tour that launches this weekend. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Patricia Arquette to voice witch in Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' after 2 episodes
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!