(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Donnie Wahlberg is starring in a new TNT crime drama tentatively titled Morse Code. The New Kid on the Block-turned-actor will also produce the project along with Jon Avnet, who will direct, and Law & Order scribe Walon Green, who will write. The story is about a young war hero who returns to his hometown of Boston where he works as a Drug Enforcement Administration officer. Boston native Wahlberg previously worked with Avnet on Boomtown and the upcoming feature Righteous Kill. TNT is expected to announce the project on Wednesday (May 14) at its upfront presentation. Wahlberg is set to hit the road with his New Kids buddies for a reunion tour that launches this weekend. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jeff Probst reveals the players he's surprised got voted into 'Survivor'
- Michael Jordan's 'Space Jam' uniform heading for auction
- Get lost in Hippo Campus' new tune 'The Halocline'
- Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift continued their VMAs love fest on Twitter
- Lena Dunham publishes first short story in newsletter's fiction issue
- Jewel moves forward by looking back on 'Picking Up The Pieces'
- Edgar Wright pays tribute to Wes Craven
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!