(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Donnie Wahlberg is starring in a new TNT crime drama tentatively titled Morse Code. The New Kid on the Block-turned-actor will also produce the project along with Jon Avnet, who will direct, and Law & Order scribe Walon Green, who will write. The story is about a young war hero who returns to his hometown of Boston where he works as a Drug Enforcement Administration officer. Boston native Wahlberg previously worked with Avnet on Boomtown and the upcoming feature Righteous Kill. TNT is expected to announce the project on Wednesday (May 14) at its upfront presentation. Wahlberg is set to hit the road with his New Kids buddies for a reunion tour that launches this weekend. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Walking Dead' alum Emily Kinney joins 'Masters of Sex'
- Laura Jane Grace explains her bandmates' reaction to her coming out as transgender
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' gets covered in 20 different styles in under 5 minutes
- 'UnREAL' renewed for season 2
- Grant Morrison gives 'Heavy Metal' a punk rock facelift
- How well do you know your geek trivia? Take EW's Comic-Con quiz to find out
- 'Star Wars' at Comic-Con: What you'll see (J.J. Abrams and Co.) and what you won't (new trailer)
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' more quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!