(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Donnie Wahlberg is starring in a new TNT crime drama tentatively titled Morse Code. The New Kid on the Block-turned-actor will also produce the project along with Jon Avnet, who will direct, and Law & Order scribe Walon Green, who will write. The story is about a young war hero who returns to his hometown of Boston where he works as a Drug Enforcement Administration officer. Boston native Wahlberg previously worked with Avnet on Boomtown and the upcoming feature Righteous Kill. TNT is expected to announce the project on Wednesday (May 14) at its upfront presentation. Wahlberg is set to hit the road with his New Kids buddies for a reunion tour that launches this weekend. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' postmortem: Elizabeth Henstridge talks surprising return
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist