(FROM AP) ? Actor James Garner, the star of TV shows Maverick and The Rockford Files, among others, is currently in the hospital recovering from what is being reported as a minor stroke. Garner, 80, was hospitalized last Friday (May 9), according to his publicist, and underwent surgery on Sunday. ”He’s still in the hospital but my understanding is he is doing well and will be going home soon. When, exactly, we have not been told yet,” the publicist told The Associated Press. Garner received on Oscar nomination for 1985’s Murphy’s Romance. He more recently played Katey Sagal’s father in 8 Simple Rules, joining the cast in 2003 after John Ritter died during the show’s second season. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Seth Meyers to Bernie or Bust crowd: 'We don't have time for this'
- Man Booker Prize 2016 longlist revealed
- Michael Fassbender plays Frozen Blackjack with Jimmy Fallon
- Elizabeth Banks leads all-star a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president