(FROM AP) ? Actor James Garner, the star of TV shows Maverick and The Rockford Files, among others, is currently in the hospital recovering from what is being reported as a minor stroke. Garner, 80, was hospitalized last Friday (May 9), according to his publicist, and underwent surgery on Sunday. ”He’s still in the hospital but my understanding is he is doing well and will be going home soon. When, exactly, we have not been told yet,” the publicist told The Associated Press. Garner received on Oscar nomination for 1985’s Murphy’s Romance. He more recently played Katey Sagal’s father in 8 Simple Rules, joining the cast in 2003 after John Ritter died during the show’s second season. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Moby reflects on the iPod 15 years later: 'It felt like magic'
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans