(FROM AP) ? Actor James Garner, the star of TV shows Maverick and The Rockford Files, among others, is currently in the hospital recovering from what is being reported as a minor stroke. Garner, 80, was hospitalized last Friday (May 9), according to his publicist, and underwent surgery on Sunday. ”He’s still in the hospital but my understanding is he is doing well and will be going home soon. When, exactly, we have not been told yet,” the publicist told The Associated Press. Garner received on Oscar nomination for 1985’s Murphy’s Romance. He more recently played Katey Sagal’s father in 8 Simple Rules, joining the cast in 2003 after John Ritter died during the show’s second season. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl covers Neil Young with members of Blind Melon and Pearl Jam
- 'Boulevard' director on working with Robin Williams: 'I couldn't have loved him more'
- 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' exclusive images
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Katherine Howe's ghostly love story 'The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen'
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Watch your emotions get dramatic in 'Inside Out' and 'Inception' mashup trailer
- 'Doctor Who' stars lend voices to 'Lego Dimensions' game
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!