(FROM AP) ? Actor James Garner, the star of TV shows Maverick and The Rockford Files, among others, is currently in the hospital recovering from what is being reported as a minor stroke. Garner, 80, was hospitalized last Friday (May 9), according to his publicist, and underwent surgery on Sunday. ”He’s still in the hospital but my understanding is he is doing well and will be going home soon. When, exactly, we have not been told yet,” the publicist told The Associated Press. Garner received on Oscar nomination for 1985’s Murphy’s Romance. He more recently played Katey Sagal’s father in 8 Simple Rules, joining the cast in 2003 after John Ritter died during the show’s second season. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!