(FROM AP) ? Actor James Garner, the star of TV shows Maverick and The Rockford Files, among others, is currently in the hospital recovering from what is being reported as a minor stroke. Garner, 80, was hospitalized last Friday (May 9), according to his publicist, and underwent surgery on Sunday. ”He’s still in the hospital but my understanding is he is doing well and will be going home soon. When, exactly, we have not been told yet,” the publicist told The Associated Press. Garner received on Oscar nomination for 1985’s Murphy’s Romance. He more recently played Katey Sagal’s father in 8 Simple Rules, joining the cast in 2003 after John Ritter died during the show’s second season. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sesame Street' parodies THAT 'When Harry Met Sally' scene
- Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall lay out Beyond Fest lineup
- Marvel shares sneak peek at season 2 of 'Agent Carter'
- Are 'The Revenant' and other Christmas releases at risk of losing SAG voters
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!