(FROM VARIETY) ? Nicolas Cage is starring in an updated version of the 1992 movie Bad Lieutenant, which starred Harvey Keitel as a drug-addled, lowlife cop in New York City. German director Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man, Rescue Dawn) is directing the remake — also to be called Bad Lieutenant — which will be officially announced at Cannes. The Abel Ferrara-directed original received an NC-17 rating due to its graphic and disturbing depiction of the title character (played by Keitel) engaging in drugs, gambling, sex, and stealing. TV writer Billy Finkelstein (Murder One, Law & Order, NYPD Blue) is writing the redo script. Production is scheduled to start this summer. Cage is currently shooting Knowing for director Alex Proyas. (Variety)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- If Community is over, it ended perfectly
- Yahoo to deliver first-ever global live-stream of an NFL game
- Watch Lifehouse perform 'Hurricane' on 'Guitar Center Sessions'
- 'Tarzan and Jane' and three more animated series heading to Netflix
- 15 fall TV shows: We give them honest titles
- 'Game of Thrones,' 'Captain America' visual effects editor identified as victim of lion mauling
- Albert Hammond, Jr. releases new track, 'Losing Touch'