Is today Superfluous Day? From the Dept. of Sequels and Remakes No One Asked For, we have trade reports today of follow-ups to Point Break (presumably, sans Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze, pictured) and Fahrenheit 9/11 (this time, Michael Moore will offer a subtle, nuanced critique of the Bush presidency… heh, just kidding), as well as a remake of Bad Lieutenant that will star Nicolas Cage in the Harvey Keitel role. No word on whether Cage will duplicate Harvey Keitel’s notorious full-frontal scene in that movie, but all three of these projects sound like displays of things no one wanted to see. Still, in honor of another Keanu movie, let’s play devil’s advocate for a moment and ask: is there any way these films might actually be good? Any way they might actually explore areas that were sadly neglected in the original films? (And what might those areas have been?)
Posted May 14 2008 — 11:15 PM EDT
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with killer single 'Trust You,' shares details of new solo album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!