Is today Superfluous Day? From the Dept. of Sequels and Remakes No One Asked For, we have trade reports today of follow-ups to Point Break (presumably, sans Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze, pictured) and Fahrenheit 9/11 (this time, Michael Moore will offer a subtle, nuanced critique of the Bush presidency… heh, just kidding), as well as a remake of Bad Lieutenant that will star Nicolas Cage in the Harvey Keitel role. No word on whether Cage will duplicate Harvey Keitel’s notorious full-frontal scene in that movie, but all three of these projects sound like displays of things no one wanted to see. Still, in honor of another Keanu movie, let’s play devil’s advocate for a moment and ask: is there any way these films might actually be good? Any way they might actually explore areas that were sadly neglected in the original films? (And what might those areas have been?)
Posted May 14 2008 — 11:15 PM EDT
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- Keith Richards disses hip-hop, heavy metal in new interview
- Justin Bieber sets Spotify record with 'What Do You Mean?'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!