(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? The CW dramedy Reaper, which stars Bret Harrison as retail slacker/bounty hunter for hell Sam Oliver, has been renewed for a second season. It will join fellow sophomores Aliens in America and Gossip Girl on the net’s slate for next year, returning for a 13-episode midseason run, likely paired with Supernatural on Thursday nights after Smallville wraps its run. Renewal was anything but a sure thing prior to the re-up announcement on Monday (May 12), just a day before the network’s upfront presentation. The show, which also stars Tyler Labine, Missy Peregrym, Rick Gonzalez, and Ray Wise as the Devil, has become something of a cult-favorite (fans launched a campaign to save the series by sending socks to the network, in honor of one of the character’s names), but it has struggled in the ratings, averaging about a 1.0 in adults 18-49. The first season finale airs Tuesday, May 20. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How 'Street Fighter V' will be 'the dominant fighting game of this generation'
- Game of Thrones season 6 photos confirm certain characters alive
- Kanye West reveals album cover for 'The Life of Pablo'
- See the first trailer for HBO's Mike Nichols documentary
- Dashboard Confessional: 'Emo' goes mainstream in 'Jeopardy!' answer
- 'The Powerpuff Girls': See the first clip from the reboot
- 'Deadpool' baddie Ed Skrein talks about being denied a supervillain costume