(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? The CW dramedy Reaper, which stars Bret Harrison as retail slacker/bounty hunter for hell Sam Oliver, has been renewed for a second season. It will join fellow sophomores Aliens in America and Gossip Girl on the net’s slate for next year, returning for a 13-episode midseason run, likely paired with Supernatural on Thursday nights after Smallville wraps its run. Renewal was anything but a sure thing prior to the re-up announcement on Monday (May 12), just a day before the network’s upfront presentation. The show, which also stars Tyler Labine, Missy Peregrym, Rick Gonzalez, and Ray Wise as the Devil, has become something of a cult-favorite (fans launched a campaign to save the series by sending socks to the network, in honor of one of the character’s names), but it has struggled in the ratings, averaging about a 1.0 in adults 18-49. The first season finale airs Tuesday, May 20. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit