(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? The CW dramedy Reaper, which stars Bret Harrison as retail slacker/bounty hunter for hell Sam Oliver, has been renewed for a second season. It will join fellow sophomores Aliens in America and Gossip Girl on the net’s slate for next year, returning for a 13-episode midseason run, likely paired with Supernatural on Thursday nights after Smallville wraps its run. Renewal was anything but a sure thing prior to the re-up announcement on Monday (May 12), just a day before the network’s upfront presentation. The show, which also stars Tyler Labine, Missy Peregrym, Rick Gonzalez, and Ray Wise as the Devil, has become something of a cult-favorite (fans launched a campaign to save the series by sending socks to the network, in honor of one of the character’s names), but it has struggled in the ratings, averaging about a 1.0 in adults 18-49. The first season finale airs Tuesday, May 20. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!