(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? The CW dramedy Reaper, which stars Bret Harrison as retail slacker/bounty hunter for hell Sam Oliver, has been renewed for a second season. It will join fellow sophomores Aliens in America and Gossip Girl on the net’s slate for next year, returning for a 13-episode midseason run, likely paired with Supernatural on Thursday nights after Smallville wraps its run. Renewal was anything but a sure thing prior to the re-up announcement on Monday (May 12), just a day before the network’s upfront presentation. The show, which also stars Tyler Labine, Missy Peregrym, Rick Gonzalez, and Ray Wise as the Devil, has become something of a cult-favorite (fans launched a campaign to save the series by sending socks to the network, in honor of one of the character’s names), but it has struggled in the ratings, averaging about a 1.0 in adults 18-49. The first season finale airs Tuesday, May 20. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted May 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jon Hamm in talks to star in sci-fi drama 'Marjorie Prime'
- Can you name these VMA nominees based on just one photo?
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- Pierce Brosnan tells Kimmel why he turned down 'Batman'
- Macklemore got Ken Griffey Jr. to recreate his famous rookie card
- Celebrate Shania Twain's birthday by playing 'Shania lyric or motivational poster?'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!