The Smoking Gun’s collection of concert tour riders, spotlighting the often outrageous, diva-ish demands for backstage food and hospitality items that top musicians feel entitled to make at every venue, is pretty amusing, but who knew such documents were an art form? Foo Fighters, that’s who. One of their staffers (as was revealed today, it was tour manager Greg Brandt, a disappointing blow to Foo fans who hoped it might be Dave Grohl, second from left, or his onstage colleagues) actually made a point of trying to out-clever the Iggy Pop rider — perhaps to achieve everlasting fame on TSG, but also, as Brandt put it, to make the document “interesting to the woman in Oklahoma City who has to go out and get the hummus.” Bonus points, then, to Brandt, for revealing the reason why it’s a bad idea to serve roadies meaty soups, that bassist Nate Mendel (right) — and “not the guy from Nirvana” — is the band’s true “people person,” and that the musicians enjoy “big-ass kielbasas that make men self-conscious.” Also, for managing to use the word “wookiee” (spelled correctly!) in a tour rider. Read the whole thing if you want to chuckle or to reaffirm your fondness for all things Foo.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!