If you’ve ever loathed your sibling, even momentarily, you’ll be partial to Apples & Oranges. ”It seems inconceivable that we are connected, and yet not,” Marie Brenner writes of her obsessive-compulsive brother Carl. Brenner, a journalist, tries to understand him (why he’s so condescending, why he left law to become an apple farmer) the only way she knows how: researching apples, visiting him unannounced at his 110,000-tree orchard in Washington, and taking notes. While our innate craving to pick fights with family may endure, Brenner reminds us that it’s more productive to eat apples than to throw them. A-
Apples & Oranges If you've ever loathed your sibling, even momentarily, you'll be partial to Apples & Oranges. ''It seems inconceivable that we are...Apples & OrangesNonfiction, MemoirMarie Brenner If you've ever loathed your sibling, even momentarily, you'll be partial to Apples & Oranges. ''It seems inconceivable that we are...2008-05-16Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Marie Brenner; Publisher: Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Posted May 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!