Drolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it’s set in 1955), but its hero isn’t a broad nitwit. As played by Jean Dujardin, with an egocentric leer that suggests Sacha Baron Cohen impersonating Sean Connery, he’s a very subtle nitwit who is so glad to be living the espionage life that he couldn’t care less about a crisis involving radical Cairo Muslims, Nazis, and a chicken farm. There are more chuckles than laughs, but the film does a witty job of replicating the hermetic, overlit shot language of ’60s studio movies. B
OSS 117Drolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it's set in 1955), but its hero isn't a broad nitwit. As...OSS 117Comedy, Action/AdventureJean-Francois HalinPT95MUnratedDrolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it's set in 1955), but its hero isn't a broad nitwit. As...2008-05-16Berenice Bejo
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Jean Dujardin, Berenice Bejo; Director: Michel Hazanavicius; Author: Jean-Francois Halin; Release Date Limited: 05/09/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted May 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday