Drolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it’s set in 1955), but its hero isn’t a broad nitwit. As played by Jean Dujardin, with an egocentric leer that suggests Sacha Baron Cohen impersonating Sean Connery, he’s a very subtle nitwit who is so glad to be living the espionage life that he couldn’t care less about a crisis involving radical Cairo Muslims, Nazis, and a chicken farm. There are more chuckles than laughs, but the film does a witty job of replicating the hermetic, overlit shot language of ’60s studio movies. B
OSS 117Drolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it's set in 1955), but its hero isn't a broad nitwit. As...OSS 117Comedy, Action/AdventureJean-Francois HalinPT95MUnratedDrolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it's set in 1955), but its hero isn't a broad nitwit. As...2008-05-16Berenice Bejo
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Jean Dujardin, Berenice Bejo; Director: Michel Hazanavicius; Author: Jean-Francois Halin; Release Date Limited: 05/09/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted May 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Donald Trump to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Dave Grohl tells Foo Fighters crowd the band recorded five new songs
- 'Beauty and the Beast' to end with season 4
- T.I. apologizes for saying a woman can't be president
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- First look of 'Big Brother' contestants on 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- Mark Hamill denies flubbing Leia's name in 'Star Wars'
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now