Drolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it’s set in 1955), but its hero isn’t a broad nitwit. As played by Jean Dujardin, with an egocentric leer that suggests Sacha Baron Cohen impersonating Sean Connery, he’s a very subtle nitwit who is so glad to be living the espionage life that he couldn’t care less about a crisis involving radical Cairo Muslims, Nazis, and a chicken farm. There are more chuckles than laughs, but the film does a witty job of replicating the hermetic, overlit shot language of ’60s studio movies. B
OSS 117Drolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it's set in 1955), but its hero isn't a broad nitwit. As...OSS 117Comedy, Action/AdventureJean-Francois HalinPT95MUnratedDrolly understated French comedy OSS 117 spoofs the superagents of the Bond era (it's set in 1955), but its hero isn't a broad nitwit. As...2008-05-16Berenice Bejo
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Jean Dujardin, Berenice Bejo; Director: Michel Hazanavicius; Author: Jean-Francois Halin; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted May 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!