Surfwise, Doug Pray’s cool documentary about 85-year-old Dr. Dorian Paskowitz, his wife, and their eight sons and one daughter is about surfing insofar as surfing is the family’s shared passion. But the blunt-talking Paskowitz turned his back on capitalist convention, observes the Jewish Sabbath, kept the kids out of school, and raised his brood (now adults with a legacy of complicated feelings about their wild-ride youth) on the road in a cramped camper. And Pray is astute enough to know that, with colorful specimens of an alternative universe like these, sport is the least of what’s docu-worthy about his subjects. A-
SurfwiseSurfwise, Doug Pray's cool documentary about 85-year-old Dr. Dorian Paskowitz, his wife, and their eight sons and one daughter is about...SurfwiseDocumentaryDoug PrayRSurfwise, Doug Pray's cool documentary about 85-year-old Dr. Dorian Paskowitz, his wife, and their eight sons and one daughter is about...2008-05-16
Genre: Documentary; Director: Doug Pray; Author: Doug Pray; Release Date Limited: 05/09/2008; MPAA Rating: R
Posted May 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Peyton Manning and Magic Johnson break eggs on their heads for Jimmy Fallon
- J.K. Rowling clarifies 'Cursed Child' book
- Penelope Cruz and Jimmy Fallon Dubsmash 'Frozen' song
- See 29 celebrities recite Justin Bieber's 'Sorry'
- Sacha Baron Cohen shows Jimmy Kimmel graphic 'Brothers Grimsby' clip
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: There's trouble at sea in 'Fear the Walking Dead' teaser
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday