Surfwise, Doug Pray’s cool documentary about 85-year-old Dr. Dorian Paskowitz, his wife, and their eight sons and one daughter is about surfing insofar as surfing is the family’s shared passion. But the blunt-talking Paskowitz turned his back on capitalist convention, observes the Jewish Sabbath, kept the kids out of school, and raised his brood (now adults with a legacy of complicated feelings about their wild-ride youth) on the road in a cramped camper. And Pray is astute enough to know that, with colorful specimens of an alternative universe like these, sport is the least of what’s docu-worthy about his subjects. A-
SurfwiseSurfwise, Doug Pray's cool documentary about 85-year-old Dr. Dorian Paskowitz, his wife, and their eight sons and one daughter is about...SurfwiseDocumentaryDoug PrayRSurfwise, Doug Pray's cool documentary about 85-year-old Dr. Dorian Paskowitz, his wife, and their eight sons and one daughter is about...2008-05-16
Genre: Documentary; Director: Doug Pray; Author: Doug Pray; Release Date Limited: 05/09/2008; MPAA Rating: R
Posted May 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!