(FROM VARIETY) — George Clooney is set to star in Stare at Goats, an adaptation of British writer Jon Ronson’s book The Men Who Stare at Goats, the true story of a U.S. Army battalion charged with using paranormal powers, starting in 1979. The title comes from the notion that you can kill a goat simply by staring at it. Clooney’s producing partner Grant Heslov (Good Night, and Good Luck) will direct the project, which has floated around for some time, but only came together as the marketplace at the Cannes film festival heated up on Thursday. (Variety)
(Franco Origlia/Getty Images)
Posted May 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles