(FROM VARIETY) — George Clooney is set to star in Stare at Goats, an adaptation of British writer Jon Ronson’s book The Men Who Stare at Goats, the true story of a U.S. Army battalion charged with using paranormal powers, starting in 1979. The title comes from the notion that you can kill a goat simply by staring at it. Clooney’s producing partner Grant Heslov (Good Night, and Good Luck) will direct the project, which has floated around for some time, but only came together as the marketplace at the Cannes film festival heated up on Thursday. (Variety)
(Franco Origlia/Getty Images)
Posted May 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How 'Angel of the Morning' and more made the 'Deadpool' soundtrack
- See the full list of this year’s Grammys performers
- 'Avatar' actor Stephen Lang wants to play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- 10 'Deadpool' jokes that didn't make the movie
- See Elmo sing 'Hamilton' with the show's George Washington
- See the final trailer for 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant'