(FROM VARIETY) — George Clooney is set to star in Stare at Goats, an adaptation of British writer Jon Ronson’s book The Men Who Stare at Goats, the true story of a U.S. Army battalion charged with using paranormal powers, starting in 1979. The title comes from the notion that you can kill a goat simply by staring at it. Clooney’s producing partner Grant Heslov (Good Night, and Good Luck) will direct the project, which has floated around for some time, but only came together as the marketplace at the Cannes film festival heated up on Thursday. (Variety)
(Franco Origlia/Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!