(FROM VARIETY) — George Clooney is set to star in Stare at Goats, an adaptation of British writer Jon Ronson’s book The Men Who Stare at Goats, the true story of a U.S. Army battalion charged with using paranormal powers, starting in 1979. The title comes from the notion that you can kill a goat simply by staring at it. Clooney’s producing partner Grant Heslov (Good Night, and Good Luck) will direct the project, which has floated around for some time, but only came together as the marketplace at the Cannes film festival heated up on Thursday. (Variety)
(Franco Origlia/Getty Images)
Posted May 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!