Twenty-five years ago she showed the world that girls just wanna have fun, and even at 54, Cyndi Lauper seems like she’s still having it. This dance-floor banger from her upcoming Bring Ya to the Brink (out May 27) comes, she tells EW, “from the title of the Henry Miller book Into the Night Life, which inspired Lawrence Ferlinghetti’s A Coney Island of the Mind, which inspired me to describe the images of nightlife here in NYC.” To stream the track, use the player below.
(Andrew Marks / Retna)
Posted May 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert thinks 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' sounds depressing
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996