Twenty-five years ago she showed the world that girls just wanna have fun, and even at 54, Cyndi Lauper seems like she’s still having it. This dance-floor banger from her upcoming Bring Ya to the Brink (out May 27) comes, she tells EW, “from the title of the Henry Miller book Into the Night Life, which inspired Lawrence Ferlinghetti’s A Coney Island of the Mind, which inspired me to describe the images of nightlife here in NYC.” To stream the track, use the player below.
(Andrew Marks / Retna)
Posted May 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dorothy and the gang get a 'high-fashion' upgrade for 'The Wiz Live!'
- Taylor Swift and Idris Elba among 2016 Met Gala co-chairs
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' scores full season order
- Sarah Silverman opens up about battling depression
- Kate Winslet to star as famed muse and photographer Lee Miller
- See the first teaser for the Jesse Owens biopic
- Vin Diesel breaks free of his chains in new 'Last Witch Hunter' clip
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6