When EW critic Owen Gleiberman saw the Chuck Palahniuk adaptation Choke at Sundance earlier this year, he described it as “an indelibly warped cartoon of lust and despair.” That’s certainly how it comes off in this trailer for the film (due in September), which is streaming over at MTV’s Overdrive. Sam Rockwell plays the latest in his gallery of lovable nutjobs, a sex addict who works at a colonial theme park and has a sexually thwarted relationship with the hottie doc (Kelly Macdonald) who’s taking care of his senile mom (Anjelica Huston). This doesn’t look as daringly anarchic as David Fincher’s screen version of Palahniuk’s Fight Club, either because the story is more low-key or because actor-turned-screenwriter/director Clark Gregg (best known as Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ ex on The New Adventures of Old Christine) is no David Fincher. Still, this looks like absurd, ironic fun — at least if you’re a guy. Not sure how many women are going to want to see this; what say you, female PopWatchers?
Posted May 28 2008 — 3:00 PM EDT
- WATCH: Helen Mirren's ruff day turns adorable as she's surprised by puppies
- Westworld finale: 10 unanswered questions
- Westworld: Ed Harris on those big finale twists
- 'The Royals': Elizabeth Hurley mocks Hugh Grant in season premiere
- 'The Walking Dead': Watch a sneak peek of the midseason finale
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big