John Cusack co-wrote, co-produced, and stars in War, Inc., an overbearing lampoon of American war profiteering — a comedy so leaden it could make a liberal hate liberal Hollywood. Set in the junked Middle Eastern war zone of ”Turaqistan” (wink, wink), it tries for the toxic Brand USA satire of Idiocracy and Southland Tales, but there isn’t enough going on in it. Cusack, playing a corporate assassin, makes geniality smug, as he romances a ditzy leftist journo (Marisa Tomei) and fends off a skanky Britney clone — played by Hilary Duff with an anger that occasionally wakes the movie up. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: John Cusack, Hilary Duff; Author: John Cusack, Mark Leyner, Jeremy Pikser; Release Date Limited: 05/23/2008
Posted May 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Madonna calls out 'blatant sexism' in Billboard acceptance speech
- Arnold Schwarzenegger on Donald Trump: 'I want my ratings higher than his'
- WATCH: Patrick Wilson, Ian McShane face off in 'The Hollow Point' clip
- 'Days of our Lives' actor Joseph Mascolo dies at 87
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Bruce Campbell previews 'pretty big' season finale
- Shaquille O'Neal lip syncs Beyoncé's 'All Night'
- MSNBC anchor apologizes for saying Fox News held party at Trump hotel