Oedipus gets a jet-set makeover in this adaptation of the acclaimed nonfiction shocker about the lethal love triangle between high society harpy Barbara Baekeland (Julianne Moore), her philandering husband (Stephen Dillane), and their disturbed son (Eddie Redmayne). Moore, a mother of two, has explored maternal bonds before on film. Did she feel connected to her character in Savage? ”Oh, Christ, no!” she laughs. Still, the actress couldn’t resist the script’s perverse charm. ”Here was a story that you just couldn’t make up,” she says. ”I was fascinated.” (May 30)
Posted June 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in Broadway's 'Fish in the Dark'
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'It Follows' star says response to film has been 'crazy'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!