Oedipus gets a jet-set makeover in this adaptation of the acclaimed nonfiction shocker about the lethal love triangle between high society harpy Barbara Baekeland (Julianne Moore), her philandering husband (Stephen Dillane), and their disturbed son (Eddie Redmayne). Moore, a mother of two, has explored maternal bonds before on film. Did she feel connected to her character in Savage? ”Oh, Christ, no!” she laughs. Still, the actress couldn’t resist the script’s perverse charm. ”Here was a story that you just couldn’t make up,” she says. ”I was fascinated.” (May 30)
Posted June 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mel Gibson in talks for spy movie 'Every Other Weekend'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Who's the culprit behind the posters?
- 'HTGAWM' star Charlie Weber on why he asked permission to shave
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch sing 'Comfortably Numb' with David Gilmour
- 'Dance Moms' season 6 recap show: Let's talk about episode 4
- 'Chicago P.D.' actor Jon Seda is headed to 'Chicago Justice'
- Eminem, Fergie, KISS among musicians designing NFL team T-shirts