Oedipus gets a jet-set makeover in this adaptation of the acclaimed nonfiction shocker about the lethal love triangle between high society harpy Barbara Baekeland (Julianne Moore), her philandering husband (Stephen Dillane), and their disturbed son (Eddie Redmayne). Moore, a mother of two, has explored maternal bonds before on film. Did she feel connected to her character in Savage? ”Oh, Christ, no!” she laughs. Still, the actress couldn’t resist the script’s perverse charm. ”Here was a story that you just couldn’t make up,” she says. ”I was fascinated.” (May 30)
Posted June 2 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!