Control, a biopic of the late Ian Curtis, lead singer with gloomy Brit indie rockers Joy Division, is stylishly directed by rock photographer Anton Corbijn and boasts a great central performance from Sam Riley. But 2002’s 24 Hour Party People, which covers much of the same ground, is a lot more fun. EXTRAS Corbijn, who knew Curtis, expertly discusses his subject in a making-of doc and on a commentary track. Also included: a sizable gallery of production stills and a TV clip of the real Joy Division playing their single ”Transmission.” B
Genre: Biography, Drama; Starring: Samantha Morton, Sam Riley; Director: Anton Corbijn; Author: Matt Greenhalgh; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!