Control, a biopic of the late Ian Curtis, lead singer with gloomy Brit indie rockers Joy Division, is stylishly directed by rock photographer Anton Corbijn and boasts a great central performance from Sam Riley. But 2002’s 24 Hour Party People, which covers much of the same ground, is a lot more fun. EXTRAS Corbijn, who knew Curtis, expertly discusses his subject in a making-of doc and on a commentary track. Also included: a sizable gallery of production stills and a TV clip of the real Joy Division playing their single ”Transmission.” B
Genre: Biography, Drama; Starring: Samantha Morton, Sam Riley; Director: Anton Corbijn; Author: Matt Greenhalgh; Release Date Limited: 09/26/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted June 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel