(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Zach Gilford, the actor who plays Matt Saracen on NBC’s Friday Night Lights, has signed on to star opposite Emmy Rossum (The Phantom of the Opera) in the indie drama Dare and is in final negotiations to star a movie adaptation of David James Duncan’s 1983 Sierra Club novel The River Why. Dare is being directed by Adam Salky, who also directed the 2005 short film on which the feature is based. Gilford plays one of three bad boy high school seniors who break their own rules and take the biggest risks of their lives. He joins a cast that includes Ashley Springer (Teeth), Ana Gasteyer (Saturday Night Live), and Sandra Bernhard. Shooting is already underway. For River, Gilford is set to take on the role of Gus Overton in the coming-of-age story about a young fisherman who leaves his big-city home and goes on a journey of self-discovery along the Oregon river. Matt Leutwyler (Unearthed) is directing from a script by Thomas A. Cohen and John Jay Osborn Jr. Shooting is scheduled to start later this summer. Friday Night Lights is set to return for a third season in October on DirecTV and early next year on NBC. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted June 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the full list of this year’s Grammys performers
- 'Avatar' actor Stephen Lang wants to play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- 10 'Deadpool' jokes that didn't make the movie
- See Elmo sing 'Hamilton' with the show's George Washington
- See the final trailer for 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant'
- British indie band Viola Beach killed in Sweden car crash
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Maggie Smith take part in BAFTAs kiss cam