In this comedy set in London, Heather Graham has acquired a crisp and saucy British accent, which somehow makes her seem the blond twin of Helena Bonham Carter. Graham is charming, but Miss Conception is a cloddish biological-clock bedroom farce. She plays a thirtysomething yuppie, with a baby-phobic boyfriend, who learns that she has just four days to get pregnant (something about being down to one egg). She spends more or less every scene trying, and failing, to shag someone new — a scenario saved from yuckiness only by its utter contrived sterility. C-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Heather Graham, Mia Kirshner; Director: Eric Styles; Author: Camilla Leslie; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: First Look
Posted June 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'