(FROM AP) ? Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl said that she did not put her name in for Emmy consideration this year because she did not feel she was given material to justify it. In a statement released by her publicist on Wednesday (June 11), Heigl said, ”I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization” she decided against competing. ”In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.” Heigl plays Dr. Izzie Stevens on Grey’s Anatomy, a role that earned her a supporting actress Emmy last year. The show slipped in the ratings this past season but is still a top 10 show. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted June 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- 'Madam Secretary': Eric Stoltz to play Téa Leoni's brother
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!