(FROM AP) ? Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl said that she did not put her name in for Emmy consideration this year because she did not feel she was given material to justify it. In a statement released by her publicist on Wednesday (June 11), Heigl said, ”I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization” she decided against competing. ”In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.” Heigl plays Dr. Izzie Stevens on Grey’s Anatomy, a role that earned her a supporting actress Emmy last year. The show slipped in the ratings this past season but is still a top 10 show. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted June 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'