(FROM AP) ? Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl said that she did not put her name in for Emmy consideration this year because she did not feel she was given material to justify it. In a statement released by her publicist on Wednesday (June 11), Heigl said, ”I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization” she decided against competing. ”In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.” Heigl plays Dr. Izzie Stevens on Grey’s Anatomy, a role that earned her a supporting actress Emmy last year. The show slipped in the ratings this past season but is still a top 10 show. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted June 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: 'Arrow' EP teases a return to season 1-type villainy
- Revenant bear mauls Comic-Con: Adam Savage’s best costume yet?
- 'King Arthur' trailer shows new look at Charlie Hunnam's medieval hero
- Bill Cosby and Stewie remake 'Princess Bride' in 'Family Guy' trailer
- 'American Gods': First look at Gillian Anderson as Marilyn Monroe
- WATCH: 'Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg says Chloe 'swiped death'
- 'Family Guy' taps Kyle Chandler, Rob Gronkowski, David Tennant