(FROM AP) ? Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl said that she did not put her name in for Emmy consideration this year because she did not feel she was given material to justify it. In a statement released by her publicist on Wednesday (June 11), Heigl said, ”I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization” she decided against competing. ”In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.” Heigl plays Dr. Izzie Stevens on Grey’s Anatomy, a role that earned her a supporting actress Emmy last year. The show slipped in the ratings this past season but is still a top 10 show. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted June 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- Robert De Niro to NYU students: 'You're f--ked'
- Kurt Sutter's new series a go at FX
- Mike Huckabee posts support for Duggars
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Golan the Insatiable' with Aubrey Plaza and Rob Riggle: First Look trailer
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!