(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Amanda Peet has been cast as the female lead in Roland Emmerich’s (10,000 B.C., The Day After Tomorrow) upcoming disaster movie 2012. The actress joins a cast that includes John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, and Oliver Platt. The film’s title refers to the year the world is supposed to end after a global cataclysm. Cusack stars as Jackson Curtis, a divorced dad who alternates between writing and driving a limo. Peet is playing Cusack’s ex-wife, newly married to a wealthy man. Emmerich wrote the script with his 10,000 B.C. co-writer Harald Kloser, and the duo will also produce 2012. Barring an actors strike, the movie will shoot in July with the release date set for July 10, 2009. Peet is currently shooting Nicole Holofcener’s untitled comedy (which also features Platt), and will appear in the upcoming X-Files movie. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Julianne Moore praises the real-life people who inspired 'Freeheld'
- Hey, Tom Hanks: Lauren from Fordham University has been found
- 'Aladdin' honest trailer reminds us why it's really Genie's movie
- Go behind the scenes of Thomas Rhett and Jordin Sparks' duet
- The anticipation is over as the 'Rocky Horror' cast reunites for EW
- A&E Network to air Sean Bean's 'Frankenstein Chronicles'
- Dubsmash Wars: See the final round of Team 'Carter' vs. Team 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'