(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Amanda Peet has been cast as the female lead in Roland Emmerich’s (10,000 B.C., The Day After Tomorrow) upcoming disaster movie 2012. The actress joins a cast that includes John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, and Oliver Platt. The film’s title refers to the year the world is supposed to end after a global cataclysm. Cusack stars as Jackson Curtis, a divorced dad who alternates between writing and driving a limo. Peet is playing Cusack’s ex-wife, newly married to a wealthy man. Emmerich wrote the script with his 10,000 B.C. co-writer Harald Kloser, and the duo will also produce 2012. Barring an actors strike, the movie will shoot in July with the release date set for July 10, 2009. Peet is currently shooting Nicole Holofcener’s untitled comedy (which also features Platt), and will appear in the upcoming X-Files movie. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dennis Rodman guest stars in Skrillex, Yogi and Pusha T's creepy music video
- Someone turns Kanye West best quotes into a free book
- Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard hung out together
- 'Ghostbusters' adds Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams to the cast
- Zack Snyder on the Superman villain that almost was
- How a real-life horror story inspired new graphic novel 'The Divine'
- First look at Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight's' 'A Matter of Family'
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!