(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Amanda Peet has been cast as the female lead in Roland Emmerich’s (10,000 B.C., The Day After Tomorrow) upcoming disaster movie 2012. The actress joins a cast that includes John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, and Oliver Platt. The film’s title refers to the year the world is supposed to end after a global cataclysm. Cusack stars as Jackson Curtis, a divorced dad who alternates between writing and driving a limo. Peet is playing Cusack’s ex-wife, newly married to a wealthy man. Emmerich wrote the script with his 10,000 B.C. co-writer Harald Kloser, and the duo will also produce 2012. Barring an actors strike, the movie will shoot in July with the release date set for July 10, 2009. Peet is currently shooting Nicole Holofcener’s untitled comedy (which also features Platt), and will appear in the upcoming X-Files movie. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!