(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Amanda Peet has been cast as the female lead in Roland Emmerich’s (10,000 B.C., The Day After Tomorrow) upcoming disaster movie 2012. The actress joins a cast that includes John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, and Oliver Platt. The film’s title refers to the year the world is supposed to end after a global cataclysm. Cusack stars as Jackson Curtis, a divorced dad who alternates between writing and driving a limo. Peet is playing Cusack’s ex-wife, newly married to a wealthy man. Emmerich wrote the script with his 10,000 B.C. co-writer Harald Kloser, and the duo will also produce 2012. Barring an actors strike, the movie will shoot in July with the release date set for July 10, 2009. Peet is currently shooting Nicole Holofcener’s untitled comedy (which also features Platt), and will appear in the upcoming X-Files movie. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!