(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Amanda Peet has been cast as the female lead in Roland Emmerich’s (10,000 B.C., The Day After Tomorrow) upcoming disaster movie 2012. The actress joins a cast that includes John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, and Oliver Platt. The film’s title refers to the year the world is supposed to end after a global cataclysm. Cusack stars as Jackson Curtis, a divorced dad who alternates between writing and driving a limo. Peet is playing Cusack’s ex-wife, newly married to a wealthy man. Emmerich wrote the script with his 10,000 B.C. co-writer Harald Kloser, and the duo will also produce 2012. Barring an actors strike, the movie will shoot in July with the release date set for July 10, 2009. Peet is currently shooting Nicole Holofcener’s untitled comedy (which also features Platt), and will appear in the upcoming X-Files movie. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser from 2005 lawsuit comes forward
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- EW recommends: iZombie, Eloise, and Fun Home