Michel Gondry’s latest is a lovable fantasia about a New Jersey video-store clerk (Mos Def) whose magnetized pal (Jack Black) erases the VHS inventory, forcing them to re-create everything from RoboCop to Driving Miss Daisy. Be Kind Rewind’s actors play well-worn roles: Black is a tiresome maniac; Danny Glover, as the store’s owner, is cranky and wise. But their camaraderie is infectious, as is the film’s hilarious tribute to movie lovers everywhere. EXTRAS A too-short doc about the Passaic, N.J., locals who won bit parts in Rewind and — fittingly — were just thrilled to be on the big screen. A-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jack Black, Mos Def, Mia Farrow, Danny Glover; Director: Michel Gondry; Author: Michel Gondry; Release Date Wide: 02/22/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More