Michel Gondry’s latest is a lovable fantasia about a New Jersey video-store clerk (Mos Def) whose magnetized pal (Jack Black) erases the VHS inventory, forcing them to re-create everything from RoboCop to Driving Miss Daisy. Be Kind Rewind’s actors play well-worn roles: Black is a tiresome maniac; Danny Glover, as the store’s owner, is cranky and wise. But their camaraderie is infectious, as is the film’s hilarious tribute to movie lovers everywhere. EXTRAS A too-short doc about the Passaic, N.J., locals who won bit parts in Rewind and — fittingly — were just thrilled to be on the big screen. A-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jack Black, Mos Def, Mia Farrow, Danny Glover; Director: Michel Gondry; Author: Michel Gondry; Release Date Wide: 02/22/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!