Ryan Reynolds sure is a cutie — when he works with material that plays up his goofball, wholesome charm. But there’s not much of that in Definitely, Maybe. As the about-to-be-divorced dad of an adorable moppet (Breslin), Reynolds’ Everyman-ness inches too far toward bland. Still, Maybe is several cuts above your average rom-com, thanks to Weisz, Elizabeth Banks, and (especially) Isla Fisher, who play his vibrant, fully drawn past loves. EXTRAS Deleted scenes, two making-of docs, and a lively commentary in which Reynolds sings Fisher’s praises, saying she has the ”mouth of a sailor.” B+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Ryan Reynolds, Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher; Director: Adam Brooks; Author: Adam Brooks; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Panorama Day 2: Kendrick Lamar spreads the love in profound headlining set
- Comic-Con 2016 Day 3: See stars' cinemagraph portraits
- 'Hawaii Five-0' books Claire Forlani for recurring role
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- EW Party at Comic-Con 2016: See Stars' Red Carpet Arrivals
- Comic-Con 2016: See the Best Cosplayers From Day 2
- 'The Dark Tower' Storybook Stephen King Fans are Dying to Get
- Comic-Con 2016 Star Portraits: Day 2
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 2 Panels
- 10 of the Best Moments From 'The Daily Show'