Ryan Reynolds sure is a cutie — when he works with material that plays up his goofball, wholesome charm. But there’s not much of that in Definitely, Maybe. As the about-to-be-divorced dad of an adorable moppet (Breslin), Reynolds’ Everyman-ness inches too far toward bland. Still, Maybe is several cuts above your average rom-com, thanks to Weisz, Elizabeth Banks, and (especially) Isla Fisher, who play his vibrant, fully drawn past loves. EXTRAS Deleted scenes, two making-of docs, and a lively commentary in which Reynolds sings Fisher’s praises, saying she has the ”mouth of a sailor.” B+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Ryan Reynolds, Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher; Director: Adam Brooks; Author: Adam Brooks; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Darren Criss & Aaron Tveit duet 'Take Me or Leave Me' from 'Rent'
- Julian Seinfeld's lemonade stand shut down by the police
- J.K. Rowling applauds 'Harry Potter' stars' Twitter rivalry
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!