Ryan Reynolds sure is a cutie — when he works with material that plays up his goofball, wholesome charm. But there’s not much of that in Definitely, Maybe. As the about-to-be-divorced dad of an adorable moppet (Breslin), Reynolds’ Everyman-ness inches too far toward bland. Still, Maybe is several cuts above your average rom-com, thanks to Weisz, Elizabeth Banks, and (especially) Isla Fisher, who play his vibrant, fully drawn past loves. EXTRAS Deleted scenes, two making-of docs, and a lively commentary in which Reynolds sings Fisher’s praises, saying she has the ”mouth of a sailor.” B+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Ryan Reynolds, Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher; Director: Adam Brooks; Author: Adam Brooks; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday