Ryan Reynolds sure is a cutie — when he works with material that plays up his goofball, wholesome charm. But there’s not much of that in Definitely, Maybe. As the about-to-be-divorced dad of an adorable moppet (Breslin), Reynolds’ Everyman-ness inches too far toward bland. Still, Maybe is several cuts above your average rom-com, thanks to Weisz, Elizabeth Banks, and (especially) Isla Fisher, who play his vibrant, fully drawn past loves. EXTRAS Deleted scenes, two making-of docs, and a lively commentary in which Reynolds sings Fisher’s praises, saying she has the ”mouth of a sailor.” B+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Ryan Reynolds, Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher; Director: Adam Brooks; Author: Adam Brooks; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Brad Paisley sings about North Carolina's discriminatory bathroom law
- 'Chicago Fire': Miranda Rae Mayo promoted to series regular
- Academy unearths old 'Return of the Jedi' teaser
- 'Game of Thrones' new photos, promo for episode 6
- Milla Jovovich is a video game character in 'Contract Killer: Sniper'
- Lizzo dishes on new music and feeling 'Good As Hell'
- 'Alice' star Beth Howland dies at 74