Ryan Reynolds sure is a cutie — when he works with material that plays up his goofball, wholesome charm. But there’s not much of that in Definitely, Maybe. As the about-to-be-divorced dad of an adorable moppet (Breslin), Reynolds’ Everyman-ness inches too far toward bland. Still, Maybe is several cuts above your average rom-com, thanks to Weisz, Elizabeth Banks, and (especially) Isla Fisher, who play his vibrant, fully drawn past loves. EXTRAS Deleted scenes, two making-of docs, and a lively commentary in which Reynolds sings Fisher’s praises, saying she has the ”mouth of a sailor.” B+
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Ryan Reynolds, Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher; Director: Adam Brooks; Author: Adam Brooks; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo