Ever watched a movie with an epic car wreck — or a 40-foot free fall, or an old-fashioned alligator tussle — and wondered how they do that? Well, you’ll get plenty of geeked-out clarity in The Full Burn, a fascinating chronicle of the Hollywood stunt world, including how author Kevin Conley got to do the whole-body-on-fire gag of the title. But the main draw is less the how than the who, like the guy who fell down the Mayan pyramid in a leather thong, or the matriarch of modern stuntwomen who thinks nothing of tending to a stranger who wrecked his motorcycle right outside her home. A-
The Full BurnEver watched a movie with an epic car wreck — or a 40-foot free fall, or an old-fashioned alligator tussle — and wondered how they do that?...The Full BurnAction/Adventure, NonfictionKevin ConleyEver watched a movie with an epic car wreck — or a 40-foot free fall, or an old-fashioned alligator tussle — and wondered how they do that?...2008-06-13Bloomsbury
Genre: Action/Adventure, Nonfiction; Author: Kevin Conley; Publisher: Bloomsbury
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!