Director Fred Zinnemann’s iconic Western plays like a Johnny Cash song, with its heroic man in black and a foreboding train a-comin’, rollin’ round the bend in High Noon (Ultimate Collector’s Edition). No surprise, then, that politicians from Ike to Dubya have idolized Will Kane (Cooper), the stoic lawman who refuses to run from a fight, even after he’s abandoned by the friends he’s sworn to protect. EXTRAS ”Inside High Noon” highlights the film’s political metaphors and includes interviews with fan Bill Clinton, but otherwise it’s a virtual repackaging of the 2002 disc. B
Genre: Western, Action/Adventure; Starring: Gary Cooper, Lloyd Bridges, Lon Chaney Jr., Katy Jurado, Grace Kelly, Otto Kruger, Thomas Mitchell; Director: Fred Zinnemann; Author: Carl Foreman; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- In defense of Chris Farley... underrated movie star
- Meryl Streep and Rick Springfield rock out in 'Cold One' music video premiere
- 'Humans' renewed for season 2
- U2 performs tribute to Lou Reed with Paul Simon at Madison Square Garden
- How to pretend you've read 'Infinite Jest'
- Elders react to 'Batman v Superman' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner talks comic villain Negan in season 6
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!