Director Fred Zinnemann’s iconic Western plays like a Johnny Cash song, with its heroic man in black and a foreboding train a-comin’, rollin’ round the bend in High Noon (Ultimate Collector’s Edition). No surprise, then, that politicians from Ike to Dubya have idolized Will Kane (Cooper), the stoic lawman who refuses to run from a fight, even after he’s abandoned by the friends he’s sworn to protect. EXTRAS ”Inside High Noon” highlights the film’s political metaphors and includes interviews with fan Bill Clinton, but otherwise it’s a virtual repackaging of the 2002 disc. B
Genre: Western, Action/Adventure; Starring: Gary Cooper, Lloyd Bridges, Lon Chaney Jr., Katy Jurado, Grace Kelly, Otto Kruger, Thomas Mitchell; Director: Fred Zinnemann; Author: Carl Foreman; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Jason Momoa now has his own Guinness beer
- When are the VMAs? And other burning questions answered!
- 'Documentary Now!': Laura Bell Bundy, Lennon Parham to guest-star
- Jimmy Kimmel pranks Kanye West fans with fake new Yeezys
- Hulu Hot List: The best book-to-screen adaptations
- See an exclusive first look at 'The Life and Death of John Gotti'