Director Fred Zinnemann’s iconic Western plays like a Johnny Cash song, with its heroic man in black and a foreboding train a-comin’, rollin’ round the bend in High Noon (Ultimate Collector’s Edition). No surprise, then, that politicians from Ike to Dubya have idolized Will Kane (Cooper), the stoic lawman who refuses to run from a fight, even after he’s abandoned by the friends he’s sworn to protect. EXTRAS ”Inside High Noon” highlights the film’s political metaphors and includes interviews with fan Bill Clinton, but otherwise it’s a virtual repackaging of the 2002 disc. B
Genre: Western, Action/Adventure; Starring: Gary Cooper, Lloyd Bridges, Lon Chaney Jr., Katy Jurado, Grace Kelly, Otto Kruger, Thomas Mitchell; Director: Fred Zinnemann; Author: Carl Foreman; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday