Director Fred Zinnemann’s iconic Western plays like a Johnny Cash song, with its heroic man in black and a foreboding train a-comin’, rollin’ round the bend in High Noon (Ultimate Collector’s Edition). No surprise, then, that politicians from Ike to Dubya have idolized Will Kane (Cooper), the stoic lawman who refuses to run from a fight, even after he’s abandoned by the friends he’s sworn to protect. EXTRAS ”Inside High Noon” highlights the film’s political metaphors and includes interviews with fan Bill Clinton, but otherwise it’s a virtual repackaging of the 2002 disc. B
Genre: Western, Action/Adventure; Starring: Gary Cooper, Lloyd Bridges, Lon Chaney Jr., Katy Jurado, Grace Kelly, Otto Kruger, Thomas Mitchell; Director: Fred Zinnemann; Author: Carl Foreman; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations