Director Fred Zinnemann’s iconic Western plays like a Johnny Cash song, with its heroic man in black and a foreboding train a-comin’, rollin’ round the bend in High Noon (Ultimate Collector’s Edition). No surprise, then, that politicians from Ike to Dubya have idolized Will Kane (Cooper), the stoic lawman who refuses to run from a fight, even after he’s abandoned by the friends he’s sworn to protect. EXTRAS ”Inside High Noon” highlights the film’s political metaphors and includes interviews with fan Bill Clinton, but otherwise it’s a virtual repackaging of the 2002 disc. B
Genre: Western, Action/Adventure; Starring: Gary Cooper, Lloyd Bridges, Lon Chaney Jr., Katy Jurado, Grace Kelly, Otto Kruger, Thomas Mitchell; Director: Fred Zinnemann; Author: Carl Foreman; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!