(FROM VARIETY) ? Jonah Hill, Jason Schwartzman, and Eric Bana are starring in Judd Apatow’s next directing vehicle, Funny People. Apatow, who is also the writer on the project, has not revealed much about the plot, saying only that the movie takes place in the world of stand-up comedy and focuses on a comic who has a near-death experience. The filmmaker cast Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, and Leslie Mann in the film earlier this year. Bana actually started his career working Australia’s stand-up comedy scene and starred in the sketch comedy series Full Frontal and The Eric Bana Show before remaking himself as a dramatic actor. Bana most recently shot Star Trek and the movie adaptation of Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife. Hill previously starred in the Apatow-produced Superbad and also appeared in the Apatow-directed Knocked Up and The 40 Year-Old Virgin. Funny People is a co-production of Apatow Prods. and Sandler’s Happy Madison. Apatow and Sandler teamed with Robert Smigel to write the script for You Don't Mess With the Zohan, which opened last weekend. (Variety)
(Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic (2); Mark Mainz/Getty Images;)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!