(FROM VARIETY) ? Jonah Hill, Jason Schwartzman, and Eric Bana are starring in Judd Apatow’s next directing vehicle, Funny People. Apatow, who is also the writer on the project, has not revealed much about the plot, saying only that the movie takes place in the world of stand-up comedy and focuses on a comic who has a near-death experience. The filmmaker cast Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, and Leslie Mann in the film earlier this year. Bana actually started his career working Australia’s stand-up comedy scene and starred in the sketch comedy series Full Frontal and The Eric Bana Show before remaking himself as a dramatic actor. Bana most recently shot Star Trek and the movie adaptation of Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife. Hill previously starred in the Apatow-produced Superbad and also appeared in the Apatow-directed Knocked Up and The 40 Year-Old Virgin. Funny People is a co-production of Apatow Prods. and Sandler’s Happy Madison. Apatow and Sandler teamed with Robert Smigel to write the script for You Don't Mess With the Zohan, which opened last weekend. (Variety)
(Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic (2); Mark Mainz/Getty Images;)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- How 'Grey's Anatomy' is bringing sexy back for season 12
- Max Joseph shares 10 great songs from 'We Are Your Friends' you can't find on the soundtrack
- Matt Damon talks about Snowden's influence on 'The Bourne Legacy'
- Michael Shannon channels Donald Trump in exclusive '99 Homes' clip
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!