(FROM VARIETY) ? Jonah Hill, Jason Schwartzman, and Eric Bana are starring in Judd Apatow’s next directing vehicle, Funny People. Apatow, who is also the writer on the project, has not revealed much about the plot, saying only that the movie takes place in the world of stand-up comedy and focuses on a comic who has a near-death experience. The filmmaker cast Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, and Leslie Mann in the film earlier this year. Bana actually started his career working Australia’s stand-up comedy scene and starred in the sketch comedy series Full Frontal and The Eric Bana Show before remaking himself as a dramatic actor. Bana most recently shot Star Trek and the movie adaptation of Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife. Hill previously starred in the Apatow-produced Superbad and also appeared in the Apatow-directed Knocked Up and The 40 Year-Old Virgin. Funny People is a co-production of Apatow Prods. and Sandler’s Happy Madison. Apatow and Sandler teamed with Robert Smigel to write the script for You Don't Mess With the Zohan, which opened last weekend. (Variety)
(Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic (2); Mark Mainz/Getty Images;)
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!