In Doug Liman’s superhero flick/travelogue Jumper, put-upon loner David Rice (a wooden Hayden Christensen) discovers he can teleport anywhere in the world. So naturally, he begins breaking into bank vaults. Then he encounters Roland (Samuel L. Jackson), a member of an ancient order pledged to kill ”jumpers.” The conclusion might be the most cynically obvious attempt ever to spark up a franchise — which Liman (The Bourne Identity) cops to in a documentary on the disc’s EXTRAS. Also included: a wealth of featurettes that give surprising depth to a fairly surface film. B
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Bell; Director: Doug Liman; Author: David S. Goyer, Simon Kinberg, Jim Uhls; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Will Ferrell attempt a disastrous half-court shot in 'Daddy's Home'
- Darren Aronofsky collaborates on Paris art installation on climate change
- Amazon is releasing the 'Transparent' season 2 premiere early
- Nicholas Brendon returning to 'The Dr. Phil Show'
- 'Straight Outta Compton' star O'Shea Jackson on the film's Oscar potential
- Ricki Lake and social influencers launch #TreatmentForAll in honor of World AIDS Day
- See Jill Scott's moving acceptance speech at the Soul Train Awards