In Doug Liman’s superhero flick/travelogue Jumper, put-upon loner David Rice (a wooden Hayden Christensen) discovers he can teleport anywhere in the world. So naturally, he begins breaking into bank vaults. Then he encounters Roland (Samuel L. Jackson), a member of an ancient order pledged to kill ”jumpers.” The conclusion might be the most cynically obvious attempt ever to spark up a franchise — which Liman (The Bourne Identity) cops to in a documentary on the disc’s EXTRAS. Also included: a wealth of featurettes that give surprising depth to a fairly surface film. B
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Bell; Director: Doug Liman; Author: David S. Goyer, Simon Kinberg, Jim Uhls; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!