In Doug Liman’s superhero flick/travelogue Jumper, put-upon loner David Rice (a wooden Hayden Christensen) discovers he can teleport anywhere in the world. So naturally, he begins breaking into bank vaults. Then he encounters Roland (Samuel L. Jackson), a member of an ancient order pledged to kill ”jumpers.” The conclusion might be the most cynically obvious attempt ever to spark up a franchise — which Liman (The Bourne Identity) cops to in a documentary on the disc’s EXTRAS. Also included: a wealth of featurettes that give surprising depth to a fairly surface film. B
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Bell; Director: Doug Liman; Author: David S. Goyer, Simon Kinberg, Jim Uhls; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages