In Doug Liman’s superhero flick/travelogue Jumper, put-upon loner David Rice (a wooden Hayden Christensen) discovers he can teleport anywhere in the world. So naturally, he begins breaking into bank vaults. Then he encounters Roland (Samuel L. Jackson), a member of an ancient order pledged to kill ”jumpers.” The conclusion might be the most cynically obvious attempt ever to spark up a franchise — which Liman (The Bourne Identity) cops to in a documentary on the disc’s EXTRAS. Also included: a wealth of featurettes that give surprising depth to a fairly surface film. B
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Bell; Director: Doug Liman; Author: David S. Goyer, Simon Kinberg, Jim Uhls; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!