In Doug Liman’s superhero flick/travelogue Jumper, put-upon loner David Rice (a wooden Hayden Christensen) discovers he can teleport anywhere in the world. So naturally, he begins breaking into bank vaults. Then he encounters Roland (Samuel L. Jackson), a member of an ancient order pledged to kill ”jumpers.” The conclusion might be the most cynically obvious attempt ever to spark up a franchise — which Liman (The Bourne Identity) cops to in a documentary on the disc’s EXTRAS. Also included: a wealth of featurettes that give surprising depth to a fairly surface film. B
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Bell; Director: Doug Liman; Author: David S. Goyer, Simon Kinberg, Jim Uhls; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage talks 'National Treasure 3': 'They're working on it'
- Leslie Jones once worked as a Scientology telemarketer
- Singles Swap: EW's fresh suggestions for brand new tunes
- See the winning cover for 'Taylor Swift: This Is Our Song'
- WATCH: Gary Oldman, Asa Butterfield in 'The Space Between Us' trailer
- 'The Nice Guys' director Shane Black explains his love for Christmas
- James Blake tells stories behind the collaborations on his new album