(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jon Voight has joined the cast of 24 for the upcoming seventh season. The veteran will play Jack’s (Kiefer Sutherland) nemesis, the man pulling the strings behind next season’s terrorist threat. The part will be Voight’s first series role in 40 years — early in his career, the actor did a three-episode stint on Gunsmoke. Voight will be introduced during 24’s two-hour season 7 prequel episode, which airs Nov. 23, and is said to be featured heavily in the second half of the season itself, which debuts next January. Voight’s casting is the first time an A-list actor has been cast as a villain since Dennis Hopper played Serbian nationalist Victor Drazen in season 1. Voight recently reprised his role as Nicolas Cage’s father in National Treasure: Book of Secrets. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- Jimmy Kimmel makes peace with gamers after week-long feud
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!