(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jon Voight has joined the cast of 24 for the upcoming seventh season. The veteran will play Jack’s (Kiefer Sutherland) nemesis, the man pulling the strings behind next season’s terrorist threat. The part will be Voight’s first series role in 40 years — early in his career, the actor did a three-episode stint on Gunsmoke. Voight will be introduced during 24’s two-hour season 7 prequel episode, which airs Nov. 23, and is said to be featured heavily in the second half of the season itself, which debuts next January. Voight’s casting is the first time an A-list actor has been cast as a villain since Dennis Hopper played Serbian nationalist Victor Drazen in season 1. Voight recently reprised his role as Nicolas Cage’s father in National Treasure: Book of Secrets. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'La La Land' director on the 'timeless glamour' of Gosling & Stone
- 'Willy Wonka' costars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Should Ryan Lochte be allowed to compete in 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- 'Arrow' unveils new villain Prometheus in season 5 photos
- 'Doctor Who' star Karen Gillan cast in 'Jumanji'
- 'The Flash' debuts first look at Flashpoint
- Tim McGraw crashes wedding and sings 'My Little Girl'