(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jon Voight has joined the cast of 24 for the upcoming seventh season. The veteran will play Jack’s (Kiefer Sutherland) nemesis, the man pulling the strings behind next season’s terrorist threat. The part will be Voight’s first series role in 40 years — early in his career, the actor did a three-episode stint on Gunsmoke. Voight will be introduced during 24’s two-hour season 7 prequel episode, which airs Nov. 23, and is said to be featured heavily in the second half of the season itself, which debuts next January. Voight’s casting is the first time an A-list actor has been cast as a villain since Dennis Hopper played Serbian nationalist Victor Drazen in season 1. Voight recently reprised his role as Nicolas Cage’s father in National Treasure: Book of Secrets. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as 'Suicide Squad' Joker: David Ayer tweets a photo
- Why Tidal's success (or failure) doesn't matter
- Celebrities express their support for Bruce Jenner
- Harry Styles will leave One Direction next, says Lance Bass