(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jon Voight has joined the cast of 24 for the upcoming seventh season. The veteran will play Jack’s (Kiefer Sutherland) nemesis, the man pulling the strings behind next season’s terrorist threat. The part will be Voight’s first series role in 40 years — early in his career, the actor did a three-episode stint on Gunsmoke. Voight will be introduced during 24’s two-hour season 7 prequel episode, which airs Nov. 23, and is said to be featured heavily in the second half of the season itself, which debuts next January. Voight’s casting is the first time an A-list actor has been cast as a villain since Dennis Hopper played Serbian nationalist Victor Drazen in season 1. Voight recently reprised his role as Nicolas Cage’s father in National Treasure: Book of Secrets. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant