(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — A feature-film adaptation of the hit Xbox videogame Gears of War is in development, and Len Wiseman, best known for his work behind the camera on Live Free or Die Hard and the Underworld series, will direct. Scribe Chris Morgan (Wanted) is on board to write the screenplay. The third-person-shooter game was an instant smash when it debuted in late 2006, selling more than 3 million copies during its first 10 weeks. It is set on a planet called Sera, where Delta Squad soldiers battle mysterious creatures dubbed the Locust Horde in order to save a race of humans. The film is the first high-profile project announced by New Line since the studio was absorbed by Warner Bros. and substantially downsized earlier this year. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Leonard Nimoy: 9 'I Am Not Spock' TV roles
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: Tribute to a humane spirit
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'