(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — A feature-film adaptation of the hit Xbox videogame Gears of War is in development, and Len Wiseman, best known for his work behind the camera on Live Free or Die Hard and the Underworld series, will direct. Scribe Chris Morgan (Wanted) is on board to write the screenplay. The third-person-shooter game was an instant smash when it debuted in late 2006, selling more than 3 million copies during its first 10 weeks. It is set on a planet called Sera, where Delta Squad soldiers battle mysterious creatures dubbed the Locust Horde in order to save a race of humans. The film is the first high-profile project announced by New Line since the studio was absorbed by Warner Bros. and substantially downsized earlier this year. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Bill Nye read mean tweets about himself
- 'Days of Our Lives' exclusive: 50th anniversary to feature a killer twist
- Cara Delevingne laughs off that awkward 'Paper Towns' interview on Instagram
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- What are the critics saying about 'Rogue Nation'?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: What did you think?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!