(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — A feature-film adaptation of the hit Xbox videogame Gears of War is in development, and Len Wiseman, best known for his work behind the camera on Live Free or Die Hard and the Underworld series, will direct. Scribe Chris Morgan (Wanted) is on board to write the screenplay. The third-person-shooter game was an instant smash when it debuted in late 2006, selling more than 3 million copies during its first 10 weeks. It is set on a planet called Sera, where Delta Squad soldiers battle mysterious creatures dubbed the Locust Horde in order to save a race of humans. The film is the first high-profile project announced by New Line since the studio was absorbed by Warner Bros. and substantially downsized earlier this year. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!