(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — A feature-film adaptation of the hit Xbox videogame Gears of War is in development, and Len Wiseman, best known for his work behind the camera on Live Free or Die Hard and the Underworld series, will direct. Scribe Chris Morgan (Wanted) is on board to write the screenplay. The third-person-shooter game was an instant smash when it debuted in late 2006, selling more than 3 million copies during its first 10 weeks. It is set on a planet called Sera, where Delta Squad soldiers battle mysterious creatures dubbed the Locust Horde in order to save a race of humans. The film is the first high-profile project announced by New Line since the studio was absorbed by Warner Bros. and substantially downsized earlier this year. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!