(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — A feature-film adaptation of the hit Xbox videogame Gears of War is in development, and Len Wiseman, best known for his work behind the camera on Live Free or Die Hard and the Underworld series, will direct. Scribe Chris Morgan (Wanted) is on board to write the screenplay. The third-person-shooter game was an instant smash when it debuted in late 2006, selling more than 3 million copies during its first 10 weeks. It is set on a planet called Sera, where Delta Squad soldiers battle mysterious creatures dubbed the Locust Horde in order to save a race of humans. The film is the first high-profile project announced by New Line since the studio was absorbed by Warner Bros. and substantially downsized earlier this year. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake reveals why he cut Kanye West and Jay Z verse from his new album
- Ranking the endings of every 'Fast & Furious' film
- Mandy Moore posts throwback picture from 'A Walk to Remember'
- WATCH: Geena Davis originally wanted to play Louise in 'Thelma & Louise'
- Remembering Prince: 1958-2016
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Karin Slaughter's 'The Kept Woman'
- Chadwick Boseman on his Black Panther accent, dream to play superhero