(FROM VARIETY) — Kevin Spacey has signed on to play the title role in Shrink, a star-studded independent drama that recently started production in Los Angeles. The two-time Academy Award winner will portray a depressed, pot-smoking Hollywood therapist with a range of clients played by Robin Williams, Gore Vidal, Saffron Burrows, Griffin Dunne, and Robert Loggia, among others. Jonas Pate, a veteran TV writer and director (Surface, Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica), will direct. (Variety)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'This Is Us' star on tonight's ep: 'We meet Jack in the present day'
- Chris Martin sings with kids Apple and Moses at charity event
- Watch the trailer for 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- Michael Phelps brings his Phelps Face to new 'Call of Duty' trailer
- ABC cuts 'Notorious' order, possibly first canceled show
- Pussy Riot debut celebratory anthem 'Straight Outta Vagina'
- Watch the 'X-Men 2' trailer recut in the style of 'Logan'