(FROM VARIETY) — Kevin Spacey has signed on to play the title role in Shrink, a star-studded independent drama that recently started production in Los Angeles. The two-time Academy Award winner will portray a depressed, pot-smoking Hollywood therapist with a range of clients played by Robin Williams, Gore Vidal, Saffron Burrows, Griffin Dunne, and Robert Loggia, among others. Jonas Pate, a veteran TV writer and director (Surface, Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica), will direct. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!