(FROM VARIETY) — Kevin Spacey has signed on to play the title role in Shrink, a star-studded independent drama that recently started production in Los Angeles. The two-time Academy Award winner will portray a depressed, pot-smoking Hollywood therapist with a range of clients played by Robin Williams, Gore Vidal, Saffron Burrows, Griffin Dunne, and Robert Loggia, among others. Jonas Pate, a veteran TV writer and director (Surface, Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica), will direct. (Variety)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland wants to find the next Destiny's Child
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!