(FROM VARIETY) — Academy Award-winning actor William Hurt has agreed to join the cast of the FX crime drama Damages, reuniting him with Glenn Close, his costar in the 1983 Best Picture nominee The Big Chill. It will be Hurt’s first regular gig on a TV series. Damages starts shooting its second season in New York next week. Hurt is slated to play a client of Close’s tough attorney character, with whom she was once possibly romantically involved. ”As we created the role, we were thinking about who might be the right fit,” exec producer Todd Kessler told Variety. ”William was at the top of the list. Once you see this season, you’ll see why it makes so much sense.” (Variety)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!