(FROM VARIETY) — Academy Award-winning actor William Hurt has agreed to join the cast of the FX crime drama Damages, reuniting him with Glenn Close, his costar in the 1983 Best Picture nominee The Big Chill. It will be Hurt’s first regular gig on a TV series. Damages starts shooting its second season in New York next week. Hurt is slated to play a client of Close’s tough attorney character, with whom she was once possibly romantically involved. ”As we created the role, we were thinking about who might be the right fit,” exec producer Todd Kessler told Variety. ”William was at the top of the list. Once you see this season, you’ll see why it makes so much sense.” (Variety)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings 'Bad Romance' with James Corden
- President Obama reads mean tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (again)
- Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' sets country record
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'