(FROM VARIETY) — Academy Award-winning actor William Hurt has agreed to join the cast of the FX crime drama Damages, reuniting him with Glenn Close, his costar in the 1983 Best Picture nominee The Big Chill. It will be Hurt’s first regular gig on a TV series. Damages starts shooting its second season in New York next week. Hurt is slated to play a client of Close’s tough attorney character, with whom she was once possibly romantically involved. ”As we created the role, we were thinking about who might be the right fit,” exec producer Todd Kessler told Variety. ”William was at the top of the list. Once you see this season, you’ll see why it makes so much sense.” (Variety)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!