(FROM VARIETY) — Academy Award-winning actor William Hurt has agreed to join the cast of the FX crime drama Damages, reuniting him with Glenn Close, his costar in the 1983 Best Picture nominee The Big Chill. It will be Hurt’s first regular gig on a TV series. Damages starts shooting its second season in New York next week. Hurt is slated to play a client of Close’s tough attorney character, with whom she was once possibly romantically involved. ”As we created the role, we were thinking about who might be the right fit,” exec producer Todd Kessler told Variety. ”William was at the top of the list. Once you see this season, you’ll see why it makes so much sense.” (Variety)
Posted June 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'
- A breakdown of the 13 most absurd moments in the 'Rocky IV' training montages