(FROM VARIETY) — Academy Award-winning actor William Hurt has agreed to join the cast of the FX crime drama Damages, reuniting him with Glenn Close, his costar in the 1983 Best Picture nominee The Big Chill. It will be Hurt’s first regular gig on a TV series. Damages starts shooting its second season in New York next week. Hurt is slated to play a client of Close’s tough attorney character, with whom she was once possibly romantically involved. ”As we created the role, we were thinking about who might be the right fit,” exec producer Todd Kessler told Variety. ”William was at the top of the list. Once you see this season, you’ll see why it makes so much sense.” (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Dancing with the Stars celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on the rumba, spray tan and his very special guest
- Check out a preview of David Duchovny's solo album, 'Hell or Highwater'
- 'New Girl' renewed for season 5
- iLoveMakonnen drops new mixtape 'Drink More Water 5'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' player Shirin tells all
- 'Empire' is TV's hottest new hit. So how does it stay on top?
- Jay Z on epic Tidal rlaunch: 'We're in this for the right reasons'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!