A young Bangladeshi woman, Nazneen (Tannishtha Chatterjee), leaves behind her small village for East London and an arranged marriage to a man who’s twice her age (Satish Kaushik), only to find herself pining for her native soil and falling in love with somebody else. But director Sarah Gavron, using an adapted screenplay from Monica Ali’s 2003 best-selling novel, says the tale isn’t as sad as it sounds. ”This is a hopeful story of integration of a woman who finds home in a place that for so long has been alien.” (June 20)
Posted June 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Steve Angello's surreal new 'Tiger' video
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Colin Firth and Jude Law craft a classic in 'Genius'
- Ranking the magical elements from 'The Vampire Diaries' and 'The Originals'
- Alison Brie accidentally peed on her vintage 'Mad Men' clothes
- Kanye West: 'I did not diss Taylor Swift'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Turn' star JJ Feild is winning the battle for American hearts and minds
- 'The X-Files': Lauren Ambrose introduces her 'ball-breaker' of an FBI agent