A young Bangladeshi woman, Nazneen (Tannishtha Chatterjee), leaves behind her small village for East London and an arranged marriage to a man who’s twice her age (Satish Kaushik), only to find herself pining for her native soil and falling in love with somebody else. But director Sarah Gavron, using an adapted screenplay from Monica Ali’s 2003 best-selling novel, says the tale isn’t as sad as it sounds. ”This is a hopeful story of integration of a woman who finds home in a place that for so long has been alien.” (June 20)
Posted June 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel