A young Bangladeshi woman, Nazneen (Tannishtha Chatterjee), leaves behind her small village for East London and an arranged marriage to a man who’s twice her age (Satish Kaushik), only to find herself pining for her native soil and falling in love with somebody else. But director Sarah Gavron, using an adapted screenplay from Monica Ali’s 2003 best-selling novel, says the tale isn’t as sad as it sounds. ”This is a hopeful story of integration of a woman who finds home in a place that for so long has been alien.” (June 20)
Posted June 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'