(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — J.J. Abrams will produce a feature adaptation of the recent New York Times article ''Mystery on Fifth Avenue.'' The story is about a fancy, 4,200-square-foot Manhattan apartment that has been outfitted with an elaborate treasure hunt, including secret cabinets and cryptic puzzles embedded in walls and floors. Paramount optioned the newspaper feature; screenwriters Maya Forbes and Wally Wolodarsky are on board to adapt it. (The Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!