(FROM VARIETY) — A year after the demise of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Matthew Perry is planning another TV series that’s a backstage look at a TV series. Showtime has made a deal to purchase from Sony Pictures TV a pilot called The End of Steve, in which Perry will star as well as co-executive produce and co-write with Rescue Me co-creator Peter Tolan. The dark comedy will feature the former Friends mainstay as a local afternoon talk show host whose smooth, cheery on-screen demeanor contrasts with his bitter off-camera personality and his chaotic personal life, which includes a tentative romance with a co-worker. Tolan certainly knows from egotistical, lovelorn talk show hosts, having won an Emmy for his writing on The Larry Sanders Show. (Variety)
Posted June 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'