Winner of this year’s dramatic Audience Award at Sundance, The Wackness casts Ben Kingsley as a gonzo psychiatrist who scores marijuana from a teen patient played by Josh Peck (star of Nickelodeon’s popular Drake & Josh). Set in 1994 Manhattan, it’s a coming-of-age comedy that contains sex and a whole lot of drugs. So is Peck worried about scarring his tweener fan base? ”I remember hearing about Pulp Fiction in 1994, but my Moms wouldn’t let me see it till years later,” Peck says. ”So hopefully the kids who are into Drake & Josh will check out the DVD in a couple of years.” (July 3)
Posted June 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Loretta Devine talks gender-bending role
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing