Winner of this year’s dramatic Audience Award at Sundance, The Wackness casts Ben Kingsley as a gonzo psychiatrist who scores marijuana from a teen patient played by Josh Peck (star of Nickelodeon’s popular Drake & Josh). Set in 1994 Manhattan, it’s a coming-of-age comedy that contains sex and a whole lot of drugs. So is Peck worried about scarring his tweener fan base? ”I remember hearing about Pulp Fiction in 1994, but my Moms wouldn’t let me see it till years later,” Peck says. ”So hopefully the kids who are into Drake & Josh will check out the DVD in a couple of years.” (July 3)
Posted June 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Brie Larson to replace Jennifer Lawrence in 'Glass Castle' adaptation
- Diane Keaton and John Goodman struggle through Christmas in 'Love the Coopers' trailer
- Kevin James to headline new comedy for CBS
- 'HTGAWM': Charlie Weber on the show's most suspicious character
- Kate Snow previews 'Dateline' special 'Cosby Accusers Speak'
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Walking Dead,' 'The Flash,' 'Castle' and more
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner says the legacy of 'The Cosby Show' is 'tarnished'