Winner of this year’s dramatic Audience Award at Sundance, The Wackness casts Ben Kingsley as a gonzo psychiatrist who scores marijuana from a teen patient played by Josh Peck (star of Nickelodeon’s popular Drake & Josh). Set in 1994 Manhattan, it’s a coming-of-age comedy that contains sex and a whole lot of drugs. So is Peck worried about scarring his tweener fan base? ”I remember hearing about Pulp Fiction in 1994, but my Moms wouldn’t let me see it till years later,” Peck says. ”So hopefully the kids who are into Drake & Josh will check out the DVD in a couple of years.” (July 3)
Posted June 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters