(FROM VARIETY) ? Nicolas Cage, Pierce Brosnan, and Tilda Swinton have been tapped for Roman Polanski’s next project, The Ghost, which is an adaptation of Robert Harris’ political thriller novel, published last year by Simon & Schuster. The story is about a ghostwriter (Cage), hired to complete the memoirs of a former British prime minister (Brosnan), who uncovers secrets that put his own life in jeopardy. Swinton will play the wife of the former prime minister who winds up falling for the writer. Shooting is scheduled to begin in September. Polanski had been working for 18 months on the $100 million epic Pompeii when he left the project last September. Cage recently signed on to star in a remake of Bad Lieutenant, which shoots later this summer. Swinton has been shooting the indie I Am Love, while Brosnan, who’ll next be seen in Universal’s Mamma Mia!, also stars with Susan Sarandon in the Shana Feste-directed The Greatest. (Variety)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Demi Lovato and Michelle Rodriguez face off in new 'Confident' music video
- Neil Young announces new live album culled from 1988 concerts
- New York Comic-Con reacts to 'Containment' pilot
- The best #TGIT Twitter reactions
- 4 stars share their favorite musical moments
- Great Debates: Is the ultimate mob movie 'Goodfellas' or 'The Godfather'?
- Darby Stanchfield was surprised to learn that the NBA loves 'Scandal'