(FROM VARIETY) ? Nicolas Cage, Pierce Brosnan, and Tilda Swinton have been tapped for Roman Polanski’s next project, The Ghost, which is an adaptation of Robert Harris’ political thriller novel, published last year by Simon & Schuster. The story is about a ghostwriter (Cage), hired to complete the memoirs of a former British prime minister (Brosnan), who uncovers secrets that put his own life in jeopardy. Swinton will play the wife of the former prime minister who winds up falling for the writer. Shooting is scheduled to begin in September. Polanski had been working for 18 months on the $100 million epic Pompeii when he left the project last September. Cage recently signed on to star in a remake of Bad Lieutenant, which shoots later this summer. Swinton has been shooting the indie I Am Love, while Brosnan, who’ll next be seen in Universal’s Mamma Mia!, also stars with Susan Sarandon in the Shana Feste-directed The Greatest. (Variety)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!