(FROM VARIETY) ? Nicolas Cage, Pierce Brosnan, and Tilda Swinton have been tapped for Roman Polanski’s next project, The Ghost, which is an adaptation of Robert Harris’ political thriller novel, published last year by Simon & Schuster. The story is about a ghostwriter (Cage), hired to complete the memoirs of a former British prime minister (Brosnan), who uncovers secrets that put his own life in jeopardy. Swinton will play the wife of the former prime minister who winds up falling for the writer. Shooting is scheduled to begin in September. Polanski had been working for 18 months on the $100 million epic Pompeii when he left the project last September. Cage recently signed on to star in a remake of Bad Lieutenant, which shoots later this summer. Swinton has been shooting the indie I Am Love, while Brosnan, who’ll next be seen in Universal’s Mamma Mia!, also stars with Susan Sarandon in the Shana Feste-directed The Greatest. (Variety)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'OITNB' star Samira Wiley joins Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale'
- 'Pokémon Go' chart reveals Pokémon hatch in 2km, 5km, 10km eggs
- See the ultimate Marvel selfie from Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: 'Workaholics' stars DJ'd set at EW's Con-X
- 'Pokémon Go': Dwayne Johnson becomes new 'rock' type, Pokérock
- Michael Fassbender loves James McAvoy 'hard'
- 'Moana': Nicole Scherzinger, Alan Tudyk join voice cast
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'