(FROM VARIETY) ? Nicolas Cage, Pierce Brosnan, and Tilda Swinton have been tapped for Roman Polanski’s next project, The Ghost, which is an adaptation of Robert Harris’ political thriller novel, published last year by Simon & Schuster. The story is about a ghostwriter (Cage), hired to complete the memoirs of a former British prime minister (Brosnan), who uncovers secrets that put his own life in jeopardy. Swinton will play the wife of the former prime minister who winds up falling for the writer. Shooting is scheduled to begin in September. Polanski had been working for 18 months on the $100 million epic Pompeii when he left the project last September. Cage recently signed on to star in a remake of Bad Lieutenant, which shoots later this summer. Swinton has been shooting the indie I Am Love, while Brosnan, who’ll next be seen in Universal’s Mamma Mia!, also stars with Susan Sarandon in the Shana Feste-directed The Greatest. (Variety)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!