(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? X-Files creator Chris Carter has been quietly directing the dark drama Fencewalker in the Los Angeles area, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Although his second X-Files feature doesn’t even release until next month, THR reports that the director is underway on this next project, which reportedly stars Natalie Dormer (The Tudors), David Cassidy’s daughter, Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), rapper-actor Xzibit, Derek Magyar (Enterprise), and Meckah Brooks (Desperate Housewives). No one from Carter’s or the actors’ camps would confirm that the film is shooting, though a secret project is very much in keeping with the style of the mysterious writer-director and also harkens back to the secrecy surrounding J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfield. THR reports that Carter is financing the project himself and that he also wrote the script. It is said to be a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece with no supernatural elements. The second X-Files movie hits theaters July 25. The plot, of course, is being kept under wraps. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More