(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? X-Files creator Chris Carter has been quietly directing the dark drama Fencewalker in the Los Angeles area, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Although his second X-Files feature doesn’t even release until next month, THR reports that the director is underway on this next project, which reportedly stars Natalie Dormer (The Tudors), David Cassidy’s daughter, Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), rapper-actor Xzibit, Derek Magyar (Enterprise), and Meckah Brooks (Desperate Housewives). No one from Carter’s or the actors’ camps would confirm that the film is shooting, though a secret project is very much in keeping with the style of the mysterious writer-director and also harkens back to the secrecy surrounding J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfield. THR reports that Carter is financing the project himself and that he also wrote the script. It is said to be a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece with no supernatural elements. The second X-Files movie hits theaters July 25. The plot, of course, is being kept under wraps. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'OUAT' bosses reunite with Elizabeth Mitchell, Lail for 'Dead of Summer'
- How 'Vinyl' star Bobby Cannavale tormented the director of 'Ant-Man'
- Frank Grillo fights to protect a senator in 'The Purge: Election Year' trailer
- See Larry David break repeatedly in 'SNL' outtake reel
- I'm watching 'Dance Moms' with my 8-year-old twin daughters: Episode 7
- Ryan Reynolds: 'Having a daughter was a dream come true'
- Gwen Stefani announces album release date
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday