(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? X-Files creator Chris Carter has been quietly directing the dark drama Fencewalker in the Los Angeles area, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Although his second X-Files feature doesn’t even release until next month, THR reports that the director is underway on this next project, which reportedly stars Natalie Dormer (The Tudors), David Cassidy’s daughter, Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), rapper-actor Xzibit, Derek Magyar (Enterprise), and Meckah Brooks (Desperate Housewives). No one from Carter’s or the actors’ camps would confirm that the film is shooting, though a secret project is very much in keeping with the style of the mysterious writer-director and also harkens back to the secrecy surrounding J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfield. THR reports that Carter is financing the project himself and that he also wrote the script. It is said to be a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece with no supernatural elements. The second X-Files movie hits theaters July 25. The plot, of course, is being kept under wraps. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oasis' Liam Gallagher on band doc: 'We were the band of a generation'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Keegan Allen says goodbye as filming wraps
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' Chelsey Crisp talks Honey's Halloween Transformation
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for hugging a flag onstage
- Lorraine Toussaint to guest star on 'Black-ish'
- 'Sing' cast poses with animated animal counterparts — exclusive photos
- Jimmy Kimmel combines Trump TV and 'The Walking Dead' in new parody
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?