(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? X-Files creator Chris Carter has been quietly directing the dark drama Fencewalker in the Los Angeles area, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Although his second X-Files feature doesn’t even release until next month, THR reports that the director is underway on this next project, which reportedly stars Natalie Dormer (The Tudors), David Cassidy’s daughter, Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), rapper-actor Xzibit, Derek Magyar (Enterprise), and Meckah Brooks (Desperate Housewives). No one from Carter’s or the actors’ camps would confirm that the film is shooting, though a secret project is very much in keeping with the style of the mysterious writer-director and also harkens back to the secrecy surrounding J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfield. THR reports that Carter is financing the project himself and that he also wrote the script. It is said to be a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece with no supernatural elements. The second X-Files movie hits theaters July 25. The plot, of course, is being kept under wraps. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival
- The most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'The Big Reveal'
- Felicity Huffman's 'House of Moore' gets put pilot deal at ABC
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are having a baby
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere ratings high, but not as high as 'Freak Show'