(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? X-Files creator Chris Carter has been quietly directing the dark drama Fencewalker in the Los Angeles area, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Although his second X-Files feature doesn’t even release until next month, THR reports that the director is underway on this next project, which reportedly stars Natalie Dormer (The Tudors), David Cassidy’s daughter, Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), rapper-actor Xzibit, Derek Magyar (Enterprise), and Meckah Brooks (Desperate Housewives). No one from Carter’s or the actors’ camps would confirm that the film is shooting, though a secret project is very much in keeping with the style of the mysterious writer-director and also harkens back to the secrecy surrounding J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfield. THR reports that Carter is financing the project himself and that he also wrote the script. It is said to be a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece with no supernatural elements. The second X-Files movie hits theaters July 25. The plot, of course, is being kept under wraps. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- Hulu executive explains decision to pull '19 Kids & Counting'
- Mariah Carey calls 'American Idol' stint 'the worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy
- Hilary Duff shares the track listing for 'Breathe In. Breathe Out.'