(FROM AP) ? Amy Winehouse’s publicist said on Monday night (June 23) that the troubled singer does not have full-blown emphysema, as had been reported earlier in the day, but that she has been diagnosed with ”early signs of what could lead to emphysema.” Reports that Winehouse had emphysems made the rounds on Monday based on a London newspaper report published Sunday that quotes her father, Mitch Winehouse, saying she had developed the disease from smoking crack cocaine and cigarettes. The publicist says the father had misspoken ”out of his concern” for his daughter. Winehouse himself subsequently downplayed his statements during an interview with BBC Radio 1, where he said: ”Amy really hasn’t got emphysema, there’s traces of emphysema. Obviously, if she doesn’t quit smoking, it’s going to get worse, like everyone else … with patience her lungs will recover completely.” Amy Winehouse is still scheduled to sing at a concert in London on Friday (June 27) celebrating the 90th birthday of Nelson Mandela and plans to take part in the Glastonbury music festival the following day. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted June 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday